40. a chance

Update is a day late and I'm saurr sorry! Was feeling a little under the weather and had zero motivation to write 🥲 I'm better now tho

Update is a day late and I'm saurr sorry! Was feeling a little under the weather and had zero motivation to write 🥲 I'm better now tho. Thanks for being patient with me y'all 🙏🏾

.
.
.

"Jaejoong is responsible for the massacre of your people. He's killed so many and has so much blood on his hands. He's a deranged man and will never stop killing to get what he wants... help us take him down" San's voice cuts through the air and a brief silence falls.

Junho shakes his head slowly and rises to his feet, the light from the orange flames licked his tanned skin and creating perfectly placed shadows on his face. "I'm not getting involved with any war you have brewing up. I've managed to lead a simple quiet life so far and I don't intend on changing that anytime soon"

San was disappointed but not surprised at his response. But he wasn't ready to back down so easily. "Really, and how's that going for you?" He looks around the space. It was clear he was unhappy here. "Are you just going to cave out for the rest of your life while the man responsible for destroying your life roams free and continues to destroy lives till. this. day" His voice loud. Still, Junho stays quiet.

"We have to make him pay" San says in a whisper now. "And I intend on doing that with or without your help" San turns to leave, taking Wooyoung's hands and pulling him along.

They both duck underneath the boulder at the entrance and were once again greeted with sunlight. Wooyoung was relieved San had finally decided to leave. They were a good couple steps away from the cave when they were stopped.

"Wait-" Junho calls behind them. San pauses and looks back at him, a hope bubbling in his chest that maybe he changed his mind.

"I can't help you San.. but I can give you some intel I've picked up from the wind over the past few days" He says and San's couldn't help but frown. Nonetheless he listens attentively.

"I think Jaejoong might be planning a silent raid on Lloth. He's been moving very quiet and I don't even think the rest of his confidants or the council members knows. Though I honestly can't say for sure. But with the way things are moving, Lloth is not safe"

San's eyes widen. He didn't think to start our conversation up with that? "W-wait what?" He may not have been back in Lloth for years but that was still his birthplace. His people.

Junho shakes his head disapprovingly. "I couldn't do anything to protect my people. But you have a chance to save yours"

San's eyes soften but he still held a strong expression on his face. "And despite knowing first hand how ruthless Jaejoong is you still won't help us stop him" It wasn't a question.

Junho stays quiet, his lips pressed in a line and light brown eyes appearing even lighter as the sun peaks through the tall trees and hit his face. San takes his quiet as confirmation. He sighs in disappointment, eyes shifting to the ground momentarily before he turns on his heel and walks away.