14. your brother is alive

⌗Jongho⌗

⌗Jongho⌗

Nothing feels right anymore. Walking past guards and servants and smiling, pretending to be ok. Attending public events and putting up a front. It was all so exhausting. This is all so exhausting.

Jongho slowly opens his eyes, the sunlight blinding him and forcing him to squint as he sat up. He was sunbathing in the fields beside the castle, sprawled out on the healthy green garden with nothing but his thoughts. As has been the norm for the past 4 years. Since Wooyoung died.

Hongjoong hardly speaks to him anymore. Always running around, busy being Jaejoong's lap dog or shutting out the world and that clearly included his own brother. It was also already clear to Jongho that he was never Jaejoong's favorite son either so he often got a cold shoulder from him too. He had his mom but even she's been kind of different as of recent.

All he had was a big ass castle called home, filled with nothing, and a bunch of people ready to do anything he commanded.

He brings his knees up to his chest and rests his forehead on them, wrapping his arms around his legs and bringing them closer. He didn't want to cry anymore. It was tiring and even after crying things would just continue they were. So he just sat in silence some more.

Soon he pulls himself to his feet and walks back inside the castle, hands in his pockets. He takes a stop at a room he found himself spending a lot of time in. Wooyoung's indoor memorial. Except this time he wasn't alone.

"Junkyu?" Jongho calls from the door way once he sees the familiar boy knelt at the memorial plaque. The brunette merman servant snaps his head towards the door and immediately scrambles to his feet properly to greet the royalty.

"G-good afternoon prince Jongho, I was just cleaning the plaque" He squeezes the rag in his hands, head still bowed like he'd been caught doing something he shouldn't have.

Jongho smiles gently at him. "You don't need to apologize. Thank you for cleaning it.. I know nobody else bothers to" He mutters the last part to himself.

He notices a new bouquet of followers, in the sea of flowers, that wasnt there the previous day at the base of the plaque. "Did you bring these?" Jongho walks closer and delicately touches one of the lavender petals.

"Yes" Junkyu says with a shy voice. He wasn't sure if it was appropriate for a mere servant to be bringing flowers at the memorial of a royal but when Jongho smiles back him with so much genuineness he felt his nerves ease.

"This means a lot. Thank you so much"

Junkyu waves it off, his cheeks getting flushed. "There was more than enough of them growing in the garden" He says with a shrug.

"They're beautiful" He touches the petal again.

"Thank you" Junkyu has always liked Jongho. He's one of the only vampires he knows that didn't look at him like he was something under his shoe, and actually addressed him by his name. The guards would sometimes spit at him or curse when he walked by. The other royals would simply just ignore his existence. To them he was another miniscule nothing in their lives. Not Jongho though. Before it used to be him... and Wooyoung.