66. coronation

Two days late but it's ma birthday y'all!! Mar 5th 🤭🤓

.
.
.

Wooyoung and San

"Today is not simply important in that there will be a new head that bears the weight of the crown" Hongjoong's voice was loud, cutting through every other sound in the courtyard and echoing through the large populated space.

He was clad fully in traditional Korean garments. A black harbok wrapped tight around his torso and the many beads hanging on threads in front of his face on his Myeonryugwan hat dangled and clicked with each movement of his head or light breeze that passes through. He was stood at the podium with the princes Jongho and Wooyoung as well as the still reigning queen, his step mother and Jongho's blood mother, Yubin. They were all also fully dressed in royal traditional attire.

"It not only marks the end of an era of war and needless fighting, but it marks the beginning of a road to peace and atonement

"It not only marks the end of an era of war and needless fighting, but it marks the beginning of a road to peace and atonement. I will be solely responsible to doing everything within my power to return the nation of Naex to it's respectable and honorable name. I understand that many of the damage my father has dealt and scars he's left on the world is deep. Many of which is, irreversibly but as the new crown I intend to make things right. I will lead our prosperous nation to an era of peace and amity with other countries"

A series of loud cheers, clapping and whistles at the palace courtyard from admirals, generals, other high officials as well as some wealthy family friends and a few attending citizens breaks out.

Wooyoung smiles widely and his chest swelled with pride as he too clapped. He glances down at the first row of people in the crowd which was reserved for high officials and other individuals of importance then locks eyes with San who was also smiling widely and clapping. Despite him being as close to him as possible it still wasn't enough. If it wasn't for the fact that only the royal family were permitted to sit up on the platform with the newly crowned king Wooyoung would've made San right next to him. Hell he would've made him sit right on his thighs.

An official coronation followed a series of steps and procedures. Each one more tedious than the last. Hongjoong just simply couldn't wait to get out of the several layers of hanboks and robes the maids put him in. Even as he was elegantly seated at the very large gold encrusted chair only meant for the King he had to remind himself not to look too dreary.