39. the man in a cave

(Late update oops I definitely didn't forget I was supposed to upload the chapter last night hahaha)

.
.
.

San smiles lazily at the soothing feeling of Wooyoung playing with his hair. His eyes were closed, and he had his head on Wooyoung's thighs while the vampire prince played around with his hair. He was pretty sure Wooyoung was braiding his hair now.

They were sitted under a different tree, sun bathing in silence and just enjoying each other's presence before Jongho could come looking for them.

"Where did you learn to braid?" San asks, his eyes sliding open. Wooyoung swore he forgot to breathe at the sight of San gorgeous eyes. The way the sun reflected against them and gave his skin a glowy appearance made him look otherworldly.

"I told you I'm a hairstylist" Wooyoung says in a flat tone and San smacks his shoulder with a laugh.

"I'm serious"

Wooyoung couldn't help but laugh as well, but his smile slowly falls as he concentrates on finishing the braid. "My mother taught me.. When we were trapped together," He says solemnly, and San almost regretted asking.

San looks up at him again, eyes soft and sympathetic and Wooyoung forces a tiny smile but it was clear as day he was trying to hide how hurt he is about the fact he'd been separated from her. Again.

He sits up and faces him, looking Wooyoung firmly in the eyes. "We'll find her. I promise," San says then takes his hand, giving him a reassuring squeeze. Wooyoung couldn't help the genuine smile that stretched on his lips.

He loved how no matter how upset he was, San always found a way to put a smile on his face. He brought San's hand up to his lips and gently kissed his knuckle. "Thank you," He whispers. San grins in satisfaction.

A twig snaps, and both male perk up in alarm, their heads turning towards the sound. It sounded like someone was making their way past the thick bushes and shrubs.

They both quickly get to their feet, San pulling Wooyoung behind him in case it was another crazy heretic that wanted to try taking Wooyoung away from him again.

The person steps out into the clearing, and to their relief, it didn't look like a heretic. Or a vampire. It's a man, though not completely sure of what race. His long, dark brown hair pulled back into a messy bun, chestnut colored eyes narrowed slightly as he watches the couple, chapped lips in a thin line. He had an animal skin bag strapped to his back, which was full with who knew what.

All in all, he didn't look like a threat, but they still kept their guard up. "Who are you?" San asks first since it was clear the man wasn't going to speak first.

The man stays quiet, watching them silently then he smiles softly. "Well.. drow turned vampire.. and the alleged dead prince himself" The man comments off handedly. "What an unusual pair"