38. dream • M

"Don't take too much off" San warns playfully as Wooyoung cuts off a lock of his raven black hair

"Don't take too much off" San warns playfully as Wooyoung cuts off a lock of his raven black hair. Wooyoung only giggles mischievously.

"Yah- Wooyoung.." San calls out.

"I won't, I won't" He reassures voice clearly shaking in amusement. San was seated on the riverbank with Wooyoung kneeling behind him while said vampire prince gave him a haircut.

Wooyoung uses San's knife and trims off another lock of hair and tosses it to the side. San picks up the lock, wrapping it around his finger. He'd kept his hair long for a while so having this haircut now, right after finding Wooyoung again, it felt like he was cutting off the old him. The 'miserable, depressed and mourning' him. Like he was finally emerging from a battle with himself victorious. It felt relieving.

"Ok, all done. I think.." Wooyoung turns San around to get a look at his work.

"What do you mean you think?" San asks, his brow raised in question. He runs his hand through his hair, half expecting a bald spot or something but it felt quite nice and as even as one could get with a small pocket knife. He goes and leans over the water to take a look at his reflection.

"It's not bad. I should be a hairdresser or something" Wooyoung says with pride as he leans back on the grass watching as San continuously raked his fingers through his hair and checked himself out in the reflection of the water.

San would admit it wasn't perfect but he quite liked it. And the fact that Wooyoung did it made it that much more special. And the length was reasonable. What was once at his chin was now grazing just the middle of his ear. He looks back at the smug prince who hand his hand up to cup behind his ear as if waiting for San to thank him.

Fat chance.

San rolls his eyes at him and shoves his shoulder playfully before pulling himself up to his feet. Wooyoung laughs in amusement. "Admit it! I did an amazing job"

San still doesn't give him the full satisfaction. "Yeah, yeah" He glances at Jongho and Junkyu who looked to still be talking and pointing at the map spread on the grass. Seonghwa was nowhere to be seen. "Wanna get outta here?" He turns back to Wooyoung.

Wooyoung too pulls himself up to his feet, brow arched in question and handing the knife back to San. "Where to?"

San simply shrugs, a mischievous smile on his face as he sheaths the weapon and goes to slip his boot on. "Anywhere". Wooyoung narrows his eyes but grins as he too slips his shoes on hastily.

San takes his hand, interlocking their fingers, and pulled him towards the forest. "Jongho, we'll be back!" Wooyoung calls to his younger brother.

Jongho looks at them and fake gags. "Don't go fucking in some cave. We have to leave soon" He whines.

"No promises!" Wooyoung yells back with a giggle as they disappear past the trees.