58. his true motive

Within minutes Hongjoong, Seonghwa and Sehyoon had joined up where the flair went off from

Within minutes Hongjoong, Seonghwa and Sehyoon had joined up where the flair went off from. As well as a few other soldiers that Sehyoon was searching with, including Ioda.

San explained the situation to everyone as best as he could even telling them the plan he had come up with while he'd been waiting for their arrival.

Everyone automatically began raising their objections about the plan. Especially the part where Yeonjun were concerned. But it's not like they had a choice.

But first thing's first they needed to find Yunho.

Hongjoong had called for a little side meeting between his brothers and San. "I don't trust him you guys" Hongjoong whisper shouts as he glances back to the heretic who simply grins in his direction. "He's notorious for lying and acting selfishly-"

"But what other options do we have right now?" San cuts him off, his voice coming out more like a whisper shout. His brows furrowed and lips in a frustrated frown. "He literally threatened to kill me, of course I don't trust him but we need to end this. And now. He knows where the channel is. And he can help stop Jaejoong"

"And if it's a trap?" Wooyoung speaks for the first time.

San awkwardly avoids his gaze. "Well then I guess we'll figure it out from there" Wooyoung frowns at him. Ok so he's definitely avoiding speaking to me, I wasn't just imagining it...

The entire time they'd been waiting for the others to show up with Yeonjun he noticed San didn't speak to him. He just paced back and forth and avoided his gaze. At first he thought maybe he was just stressed and needed the space but there was definitely something going on. Is he mad at me?

"Fuck" Hongjoong curses under his breath as he ran a hand through his jet black disheveled hair.

"Who even is he? What's you guys' history with him anyways?" San whispers directing the question to Hongjoong.

"That's a story for another time" The oldest prince says on an annoyed mutter. He turns around to address everyone else, including Seonghwa and the other drows. "Lets get going. Lead the way" Hongjoong says to Yeonjun with the nastiest glare. If looks could kill...

"It's been so long yet you still carry around that ugly scowl on your face. I know vampires can't grow old but you can still get frown lines y'know" Yeonjun says in a playful voice as he walks past him. To his surprise, Hongjoong doesn't say anything.

Yeonjun then raises his finger up ever so slightly, eyes closed, and began chanting something. A teleportation spell. And before anyone could ask what he was doing their environment completely changed.

The group that was once standing in the middle of an empty street was now in a forest. A few of the drows make startled sounds at the sudden change.

Yeonjun doesn't say anything though and just began walking through a clearing, pushing past some low hanging branches. Hongjoong followed close behind him. Then Seonghwa. And as San goes to follow the group Wooyoung holds him back by the arm. His fingers gently wrapping around his forearm.