30. run to you

Wooyoung splashes cold water on his face, over and over again then he looks up at the bathroom mirror, his eyes dull and lifeless

Wooyoung splashes cold water on his face, over and over again then he looks up at the bathroom mirror, his eyes dull and lifeless. He takes in a shaky breath through his nose and out through his mouth.

And for a moment he let his mind wander. What's the point? He's dead so.. what's the point of any of this? What's the point in putting Jongho and Junkyu in danger? What's the point in trying to keep living when.. I have nothing to keep living for. I should just give myself in. There's no need for anyone else to get hurt or die.

He felt tears pool at his eyes again and squeezes his eyes shut, drops his head forward and bit down on his lip, hard. His hands form fists on the counter either side of the sink, the water still running. He sniffs and takes in a sharp painful breath as more silent tears fell one by one one into the sink and flowing with the water down the drain.

"Wooyoung? Are we ready to leave" A knock followed Jongho's gentle voice sounds through the closed bathroom door.

Wooyoung doesn't reply and Jongho slowly pushes the door open. That's when he looks up to meet the younger's worried gaze. Wooyoung's eyes were red, his tears having blended in with the water that was on his face from when he splashed himself.

Jongho immediately goes and envelopes him in a hug with which Wooyoung numbly returns. He presses the side of his face against Jongho's shoulder, his arms wrapped around his torso. They stay in a comfortable silence for a few long seconds and Jongho's hug only grew tighter "He's really gone?" Wooyoung whispers, a tear sliding down across the bridge of his nose and onto Jongho's tunic.

All this time the one thing that's kept him going was the prospect of seeing San again. Of holding him, kissing him and telling him how much he missed him. But now... now he felt lost.

Jongho had to bite back his own tears, he couldn't let himself breakdown too when Wooyoung needed him to be strong now more than ever. Jongho shakes his head. "He may not be here anymore but all those moments and memories you shared were real. He was real. And I.. I may not have known him as well as you did but he wouldn't want to see you be this defeated. I know things are so messed up right now but there are people that love and miss you. Like me. And Hongjoong... And your mom. So please, don't give up" Jongho finishes, his voice shaky and he mentally curses as a tear slides down his own cheek. So much for being strong.

Wooyoung stays quiet, letting Jongho's words settle in his mind. Don't give up. He didn't want to give up. And San definitely wouldn't want him to give up either. But that didn't mean it would be easy.

So he sucked in a painful breath, breathes it out through his mouth then pulls back to stand up straight. He uses the back of his hand to wipe the fresh tears from his cheeks then he looks Jongho firmly in the eyes. "Thank you" He whispers with a weak smile and Jongho smiles back, taking his hand and giving him a reassuring squeeze.

"Let's get outta here" was all he says and Wooyoung nods, a shaky sigh escaping his lips.