48. no one else but you

Seonghwa couldn't stop thinking about the fact that his mate was nearby, somewhere in that very village but he had no idea who or where she is

He'd tried asking a few guards if there was another werewolf in town but they either ignored him or just flat out said no.

Needless to say, he hadn't felt that same feeling ever since it first happened that morning and he was beginning to think maybe he'd just imagined it.

No, he thought to himself, I definitely know what I felt... she's close by. She has to be.

What's worse is that today is the start of his rut cycle and he wasn't sure how intense or not it would be knowing his mate must be close by.

Werewolves get their secondary genders revealed when they hit puberty, that is if they are alpha, beta, omega. Omega gendered individuals go through a heat cycle every month and this is when they are most fertile and ready to mate.

Their alpha gendered counterparts go through something similarly so, called ruts. But instead of submitting like omegas would they feel the need to dominate, are often aggressive and of course aroused. This can last anywhere from 2 to 5 days. Alpha genders without mates tend to lock themselves in their rooms until rut is over. This is not to be confused with a pack alpha which is also just the packs leader. A person can be omega gendered and simultaneously a pack alpha, the two can co-exist.

And for a few years since having discovered his secondary gender, Seonghwa's done well to hide away in his room when it was that time of the month. His parents would bring him food at his door and take care of him until his cycle was over and for the first time in ever, he was going to have to deal with it alone.

He got up and out of his bed to go find San and let him know he'll be going AWOL for a couple days.

San laughs loudly at the story Leo was telling, he doubles over, clutching his side and wiping at the corners of his eyes

San laughs loudly at the story Leo was telling, he doubles over, clutching his side and wiping at the corners of his eyes. "No fucking way you guys did that" He calls out.

"Listen ok, it sounded like a good idea at the time. Hell, you would've done it too if you were there!" Leo points at him with an accusatory finger while also laughing.