a wedding story 2

San practically raced back up to Wooyoung's room after having retrieved the letter addressed to him from Boulia

San practically raced back up to Wooyoung's room after having retrieved the letter addressed to him from Boulia. He knew it could only be one person.

Ever since he sent Seonghwa that letter of invitation to his wedding he consistently went down to the mailing office to ask if he'd received anything back. And each time the older lady working there would only smile sadly at him, skin crinkling around her grey eyes, and shake her head no.

As a matter of fact San had already began accepting the fact that Seonghwa hated him and wanted nothing else to do with him. After all, I'm the reason he lost his sister. I don't blame him. And though the excitement of the prince's big upcoming wedding buzzed around the kingdom especially in the castle, San still couldn't help but feel sad whenever he remembered Seonghwa hadn't written back.

Finally the letter was here. And it only took nearly 2 full months to hear back from him. The damn wedding was merely a week away too but he was just glad to get something in response to his invitation.

San shut Wooyoung's door behind him and goes to make himself comfortable on the bed and he held the letter like it was something precious and that even the smallest crease would bring down its value.

He held it with both hands and stared at his name written neatly followed by stamp of Boulia's emblem. There wasn't a sender's name or address anywhere but San knew it had to be him.

After dutifully studying the envelope he carefully peels it open and takes out the letter.

'San,

Firstly, I'd like to say cngratulations on your engagement. I believe that this is truly the beginning of the happily ever after you deserve. You and Wooyoung would make a very beautiful family. I'm sorry you haven't heard anything from me in months. It's just been a very difficult time in my life. It's pushing on 5 months now and my family is still hurting from the wound Yeji's death created. But I know it's not fair to you as a friend who's only showing genuine concern if I continue to cut everyone out the way I have. I miss you a lot as well. Which is why I'm pleased to say I'd love to attend the wedding. To see you walk down that aisle and try not to trip on air knowing you walk like you have 2 left feet whenever you're nervous, it's something I definitely can't miss. Hyunjin also requested to come as well. I'm sure you remember him. He's still the same little brat he was when you guys first met. I can't wait to see you again. Please send Wooyoung my regards.

Seonghwa'

When he reads the last word of the letter he wipes the corner of his eyes at the happy tears beading on his waterline. He had a large smile on his face and he sighed loudly like a huge weight had been lifted off his chest.

He doesn't hate me...

Just knowing that Seonghwa didn't absolutely despise him for being part of the reason his sister was gone, it made him so happy. But the fact that he agreed to come to the wedding was the cherry on top.