35. us • M

It's entirely my fault

I shouldn't have let Seonghwa travel with us. I shouldn't have gone with him on that walk. I shouldn't have let him kiss me. I shouldn't have kissed him back.

I messed everything up. Now Wooyoung won't even so much as look in my direction and it hurts. It's hurts so much and the fear of losing him again when I only just got him back makes it hard to breathe.

The silence that hovers over the group as they walked was suffocating. Next stop was saving Wooyoung's mom but neither of them were even thinking of that anymore.

Wooyoung walked beside San but didn't look at him, or hold his hand like he usually would. Didn't flash his goofy smile at him or crack a dirty joke in his ear. He just ignored him completely. San brings his arms up and wraps them around himself to stop his chest from tightening.

He wanted to say something. To apologize and kiss his face and reassure him that the kiss he shared with Seonghwa meant nothing. He wanted to say 'I love you' over and over and over again until he believed him.

He made a mistake and he blames himself and only himself. He led Seonghwa on rather than shutting him down from the very start. He didn't understand his own feelings and still doesn't. It's all just one big headache but one thing he knew for sure was his love for Wooyoung is real and nothing will ever change that.

They'd traveled by foot without rest for a few hours and nightfall was coming. Jongho decided to set up camp for the night, for Junkyu's sake. The merman was clearly exhausted. Speaking of Jongho and Junkyu, anyone could tell that those two were definitely growing a lot closer and not just in friendship.

They agree not to make a fire because the smoke could alert Chiyo of their location. So Junkyu cuddles up beside Jongho to stay warm. Seonghwa sets himself down a good distance away from the group, while playing with a twig in his hand.

San sits down close to Jongho and Junkyu and he expects Wooyoung to sit farther away from him but the vampire prince taps his shoulder and signals for San to follow him. San was surprised but didn't waste a second in scrambling to his feet and following him past the trees. He glances back at Seonghwa and saw that the werewolf was looking at him but then he quickly draws his gaze away.

Wooyoung keeps walking, quiet and eerily calm. While San lagged behind him. San was worried. He knew he called him away so they could talk, so that's a good first step, but he was being so quiet and cold. He wasn't sure how this would play out.

They arrive at the top of a hill not too high but high enough to get a good view of several miles of forestry. Wooyoung stops underneath a tree while looking out at the distance and San slowly pulls up beside him.

The wind from that altitude blows their hair about and San had to brush his bangs back. He turns to Wooyoung. "I'm sorry" He finally croaks out, the prolonged silence growing too unbearable.