25. taemin

It was quiet between San and Seonghwa even though they lagged a good few feet behind the two women they were following

San hated it. But he also didn't want Seonghwa to start asking questions he was sure he wasn't ready to answer. He knew the werewolf was still stunned. How could he not be, he had lied about... well everything. Even his damn name.

San bites down hard on his lip and clenches his fist which were buried in the pocket of his jacket, digging his nails into his palm. It doesn't matter now, he tells himself, not when you're so close to seeing Wooyoung again.

Wooyoung.

It'd been so long since he'd even actually thought about him. Well, only a few days but prior to meeting Seonghwa he had never gone a single day without thinking about him. Missing him. Crying until his head ached.

Nothing else mattered.

That is until Seonghwa swooped in and for a while he felt.. light. He felt free.

He glances at Seonghwa for half a second using the corner of his eyes and he notices how clenched his jaw was. Eyes trained forward and a certain intensity in them.

As the 4 of them made their way through the forest eventually they begin hearing.. music? Loud thumping music like some kind of festival. Whatever the case may be San knew it was important to keep his guard up. He's a foreigner in a strange land following 2 random women, one of which tried right kill him a moment ago. It's been one risk after another but he couldn't back out now, not when he was so close.

The music gets louder as they get closer and they finally arrive at giant stone walls stretching down on either side of the large metal gates. At the gate was a little booth which had 2 guards stationed. At the sight of Chaelin and Jiyoung one of them immediately begins turning the giant lever and the gate slowly slides open.

San glances at the men as they pass and they look at him, eyes narrowed in confusion. Once inside his eyes widens a little as he slowly took in his environment. Tall buildings lined the streets with green or yellow lights illuminating the pathways. The place was quite run down and grungy but still quite fascinating.

(Think the undercity from arcane)