29. chase

Chiyo steps down her horse, her jet black curly hair pulled back in a lose high ponytail and whipping in the wind behind her

Chiyo steps down her horse, her jet black curly hair pulled back in a lose high ponytail and whipping in the wind behind her. Tight fitted leather clothing hugged her slim figure and shin length black boots crunch on dirt and earth.

The guards trailing behind her halts to a stop on their own horses. She turns to them, thick black eyeliner further bringing attention to her ice grey eyes and standing out against her pale skin. "There's a village up north, I'll go into town with you, you and you-" She instructs while pointing to 3 different men. "Everyone else keep moving, we'll catch up once we've searched town. Wonghyun, you lead them"

The youngest vampire in the back with his horse perks up at the mention of his name. His eyes widened slightly at being appointed leader. The other men look at him momentarily and he quivers back. He wanted to speak up against the idea as he was clearly younger than the other soldiers and less experienced but didn't have the voice to do so.

"Yes ma'am" They all respond in unison. Wonghyun hesitantly made his way to the front and presses the side of his heel against his horse causing it to pick up in a run. The other men follow leaving Chiyo and her small team.

Once they were out of sight she looks back at the other 3. "Alright let's go. We keep a low profile. Do not bring any attention to yourself. Once you spot him, go for the kill. Or at the very least get some of his blood using the syringes I gave you all" She drills, her aura commanding and authoritative. Eyes filled with determination to complete this mission specifically assigned to her by Jaejoong himself. She's to find and kill Wooyoung with little to no noise. Then and only then will he be willing to pick up where they left off years ago. She felt giddy at the thought.

Which is why she couldn't let anyone screw this up. She gets back on her horse, kicks it on the side and it picks off in a run, the other men doing the same and trailing behind her.

Wooyoung wasn't sure how long he was out there for

Wooyoung wasn't sure how long he was out there for. He'd stopped crying and just sat in a numb silence, staring off at nothing. His mind was blank and for a short while he was satisfied because he knew if he let himself think again he'd just burst into another round of tears and he just didn't have anymore in him to shed. His heart hurt and nothing seemed worth it anymore.