Missy is Missing

*Monday

Alice was on her break from work and got a call from her boyfriend, saying he wanted them to go to the beach next week because he was starting to book a big banquet at a restaurant. She could not accept, getting clothes in her size was an impossible mission, she had to have it done and that could not be done in a week, maybe in two, her boyfriend had to accept in two weeks.

Returning from break time, she began to do her reports, Amber approached her and told her that the boss wanted to see her, so she had to go to her office.

When Alice arrived at the office, she noticed her boss somewhat uncomfortable.

- "Alice, good afternoon, I have noticed that your figure has 'grown' notably and is causing more problems in the office than I am used to"

- "But it is impossible that I can distract someone, I am not the type of person who attracts glances"

- "You are not understanding me. What I mean is that you have weakened some real estate companies of the company, the maintenance ones tell me that the chairs are not designed to hold so much concentrated weight, have you gone to the clinic that I indicated to you to check yourself? "

- "I'm going every month, and the doctor tells me that I'm in good health, that's what she has told me since I started treating me there"

- "Let me see the reports, I have them in this folder, let's see ... you weigh 120 kilograms and you are 2 meters tall, but you don't suffer from any disease linked to being overweight"

- "I told you boss, I'm fine"

- "But still you are causing problems and we cannot be asking for more real estate, but your work is of good quality, so I offer you the opportunity to do telework and you should only go to meetings that require your presence"

- "I think I have no other choice I guess"

- "I'm afraid not miss, it will only be for a month while I analyze your situation in detail"

Alice had to organize her things to be able to telework, she would no longer see her friend Amber except in some work meetings or weekends, although the idea of ​​teleworking seemed interesting to her, she did not like the idea of ​​being so alone, she she was not a person with weight problems, but still they were going to assign him a form of work according to that condition.

Now she had to think about the way in which he would have lunch, would he have to pay the cooks one more shift or would she go out to eat? The second option was obviously expensive, then she would have to hire a new shift.

This happened until the time of departure where Amber found her and told her that she had already found out about what she talked to the boss.

- "Are you really going to be absent for a month?"

- "That's what he told me, but not quite, I'll be working remotely"

- "I'm really going to miss you"

- "But we still have to coordinate the deliverable for the fortnight of this month"

- "It's true, I'm counting on you to move forward at home in the same way as you did at the office"

- "Don't worry, you know I'm very responsible"

Amber accompanied her home, witnessed how Alice ate a whole pig alone and then proceeded to help him install the necessary programs on his laptop to be able to telecommute.

- "Alice and with this you will be able to connect to the company's services"

- "Thank you very much, you have always been someone to trust"