Part 2:

A lot of us were now sitting in the dim room. Well, not even a lot of us. That referred to the percentage that was sitting and not standing. If I was going to say how many of us survived... I would say it was less than half or so.

      Lights came on, and most of us rose from the ground, Ali and I included. A lot of the pink workers came back into the room, and they got into some practiced formation.

     "You have all made it through the first game. Congratulations. You're moving on. I will now announce the results of the first game," the square said, sounding less than enthusiastic.

      The screen showing the previous amount of players dinged and started dropping rapidly. A three came up as the hundred's place faster than I would expect and didn't stay there long. It went down to a two and continued singing and dropping. It settled on "201".

     "Out of 456 players, 255 were eliminated, and 201 players successfully completed the first game," he added.

      As soon as he finished the sentence, people started talking amongst themselves. The gravity of the situation started weighting down on them.

     "MISTER PLEASEEEE," A random woman cried, running forward. She had her hands together as if praying. "Listen! I'm so sorry, I SWEAR I will pay what I owe! I'll do it, I'll pay it all!"

      She started sobbing again and fell to her knees.

      "PLEASE sir!" She pleaded. "I have a child! Oh! So young, I need to register, and I still need to name my child, sir!"

        She sounds so ugly when she cries. She did have pretty hair, though. Usually Asians have straight hair, but she had some very nice waves. Of course, they could be artificial, but they were still very pleasing to look at.

      Then, another woman joined in.

     "Please! I'm so sorry," she also got down on her knees. "Sir, I'm begging you, let me leave, and I swear... I'll find a way to pay it all! Let me go home..."

     "Me too! I can't keep going. Sir, please, I can't go on!"

     Soon, almost cartoonishly, people started falling to the ground from the front of the crowd to the back. Even men were setting their ego aside enough to join the ladies on the floor. Most men, though, who were in the second layer of people, remained standing. They just looked at the people on the ground.

    I was still by Ali during all of this, the name of the Indian guy I had met earlier on, as I watched the scene silently. I think that something inside of me knew deep down that this was too good to be true. I mean, if they slap me for a bit of won, they would surely increase the damage and danger for a greater reward to the player, right? We couldn't think we'd come out unscathed. It was common sense to assume that the money would come with a price. If people wanted to throw away money, they'd give it to a charity or something.

    "There seems to be a misunderstanding. We are not trying to hurt you or collect your debts. Let me remind you that we're here to give you a chance-" the masked man almost got cut off from finishing his final word.

     "A chance? We play some kids games. And you shoot us. You want me to choose that? That's some chance!"

      "We may be in debt, sir...but that doesn't justify killing us all!"

      "This is just a game," the square added.

      "Killing everyone out there was a... game to you, huh?!" A man called.

       "They were simply eliminated for breaking the rules of the game. If you just follow the rules, you can leave this place safely with the prize money we promised," square replied.