Part 58:

(⚠️TW! An attempt at something and violence 😶 Don't read if you're sensitive towards things)

       (Y/N's POV)

      It felt as though I was a child again. In-Ho was acting like my babysitter, and sure, I liked being taken care of, but it made me feel useless. I couldn't even wheel myself around without him objecting.

        I did get some freedom, though, because he told me that he would "allow" me to walk around in the comfort of our living area. Other than that, I had to rest until at least tomorrow morning and then I'd be assessed by him. I was feeling a great deal better, so I didn't feel as though the wheelchair was needed anymore, but I still was semi glad to have it because I felt a little faint. If I passed out, at least I wouldn't have to worry about falling into the ground.

        It was also to be decided if I was able to go check on the next game room because of what happened, but I really hoped I could because I got a little anxious about now the next would play out. Speaking of games, the amount of people left came out to 88 people, which I was openly very happy about. I had on a smile all throughout the facility because I would have been so distraught had my math been wrong, and thankfully it wasn't. Out of 207 people, 88 survived, making it a little higher than a 40% passing rate. The next game would take out a good amount of people.

         On the way to our rooms for the evening, possibly, if he deemed me unfit to make any final checks to the games, In-Ho made us stop to pick up my lunch earlier. I need to make sure I recover, he says. My lunch consisted of (favorite lunch) as I had been asked my preferences by Il-Nam during my first week of being here. I assured him that I'd be alright with anything they cooked, but he wouldn't budge on making meals that are from my home country that I liked. He was so sweet.

After In-Ho effortlessly wheeled me in to the room while simultaneously using hand to push all of my weight inside the area and opening the door, I was placed in front of the counter, which was also behind a couch. He came up next to me, but passed me, opening the mini-fridge near my head and pulling out f/d. He offered it to me, and I accepted it with a smile. It was delicious, as usual.

"I will have to go speak to Il-Nam today, Y/N. I assume you'll be okay with the fact that you're going to be here alone," he started. "Because I still think you need time to recover, you have to stay here at least until I'm back. You can walk around here, and if you need anything, don't hesitate to call me."

       I nodded, and then I tried to stand up. He grabbed onto me to help me and held me for a bit to make sure I was okay, so I just awkwardly looked at him as he gripped my forearms. He realized that yes, I was standing on my own two feet and remaining that way, so he let me go but walked away slowly. He glanced back to make sure I wasn't falling before standing a few feet behind the wheelchair. I looked at him, and all he did was look back until I raised my eyebrows to see what he was trying to say before he left. He snapped out of it.

"I just wanted to tell you to stay safe."

I smiled in thanks and motioned for him to go off, saying that I'll be fine. He nodded and turned to walk out of our room. I was left all alone for the first time today.

(Salesman's POV)

I was just lounging in one of my chairs, waiting for dinner because there's really nothing else to do, when my handheld transceiver came on. I held it up to my ear.

"He just left," the deep voice on the other end said.

I smiled.

"Perfect."