Part 47:

(In-Ho's POV)

        I shut the door behind me after I bade farewell to the manager who accompanied me to Il-Nam's room. He was respectful enough. He's been here for several years, though he has not worked as long as I have. It's not often that we hire new managers. As far as I've heard, managers are usually soldiers that rank up or that have been with us for a while, and the latter already led to every original being a manager. If we need workers, we usually take people with previously strong work ethics that are struggling and are too shy, desperate, poor, or all three, to dare try to oppose us. That or we just take people who are in such debt that their morals are gone.

           I know that sounds terrible; taking advantage of people who are going through rough times in their lives and practically enslaving them. Once they join the facility, they cannot leave. We can't trust any of them to not go to the proper authorities. Well... we could because the authorities are on our side. Thousands of poor people go missing per year... don't you think that they'd find that suspicious and do some heavy investigating. No. They just know. We're the reasons for their heightened salary, so they wouldn't dare give that up either. It's true what they say. Money is the root of all evil. And, money talks.

           Regardless of my train of thoughts right now, I did have a job to do. I need to talk to Y/N about everything she's feeling right now. Il-Nam did that to me too when it was my first games as the Front Man. He would visit these same rooms every day personally at the same time he knew that I would be in here and sit down to make sure I was okay. That's a therapist's job, but he would still be considerate. I was fine, of course, because I wasn't as sensitive as Y/N. Not that being sensitive is a bad thing, but it just wasn't really helpful in this moment for her. I also didn't see all of the carnage with my own eyes. After the week of games, Il-Nam's visits ceased, but he would still check in with how I was feeling when we talked, of course. Now, it was my turn to pass all of it on to Y/N.

         I held my hand in a fist over the door and hesitated for a second. What if she wanted to be alone? Maybe that would help her more. 1/3 of people are introverts...

I knocked. I told her earlier that we were going to talk, and we're going to. We need to. I'm kind of... worried... about her. Don't make me say it again.

She opened her door, and it was about halfway fully opened before I saw her. She was there, standing in all of her natural beauty. Her face held an unintentional and small pout, which I found absolutely adorable. She was in pajamas. A plain light (f/c) tank top was hanging down a couple of inches past her hips, and leggings a darker version of (f/c) clung to her lower body. I was so glad for the mask in that moment because she couldn't see me "checking her out". Her shining e/c eyes were staring up at me, waiting for me to speak first. I cleared my throat.

"May we talk?" I asked.

She just looked at me and didn't change her expression. Her hand fell from the side of the door and slid down to fall down her mid thigh. She looked at me for a second after where her hand had just been and turned to her room. Her head was angled slightly lower than straight as she made her way to the bed. She looked at me as she sat down slowly. I looked at her and down at the door next to her, then I followed.

I sunk into her bed, which was still softer than mine (favoritism), and looked at her.

"I know today was hard on you. I want to know how you are feeling," I made eye contact with her. "I'm hoping that these feelings will pass. For now, are you okay?"

She purses her lips and put her hands on the edge of the bed, leaning forward. She laughed lightly.

"I'll be okay. I just... saw people die in front of me."