Part 52:

(⚠️ Swearing throughout, more so than usual, and again, the topic of what is wrong with Y/N with a mention of the intentions of you-know-who. ⚠️)

(In-Ho's POV)

Y/N ended up waking at past 3 in the morning. The doctor had let me know that he was going to be napping in his chair an hour before it happened, so I talked to her first before going to wake him up.

(Flashback)

The watch on my wrist read 3:12 am. I was holding Y/N's hand as she slept, resting my chin on it and rubbing my thumb over the back. It was so cold and lifeless that I didn't even want to think of it as Y/N's, but it was.

"He's so fucking dead..." I muttered.

I couldn't believe he would do this. We trusted him in this operation, he's even been here longer than me, but I'm still higher up. How many other women has he done this to and gotten away with? It's no matter... well, it is, but my only concern was that he did it to my girl... I mean, my coworker. He chose to mess with the wrong fucking person, and he is getting what's coming to him. I knew exactly what I was going to do with him.

I was so caught up in envisioning my step-by-step plan of the punishment I'd give the salesman that I didn't notice Y/N's head move. She shook her head to both sides before opening her eyes and letting out a soft groan. I instantly snapped my head towards her and gently lay her hand back by her side. I kneeled down on the floor to the left of the chair, closer to her face. She stared up at the bright lights, squinting, because there were huge white hospital room lights on.

"Hey..." I said, trying to get her attention.

She heard me and turned her head to me with her face scrunched up from the unwelcome brightness. Her eyes opened a millimeter wider as she saw me, and her face softened. I could tell she was wondering why she was here. I sighed, trying to explain why while completely avoiding the Salesman's involvement because I was sure she would sense my rage, and regardless, I didn't even want to remember what he did to her.

"You're in one of our hospital rooms. You fainted, so I carried you here and called the doctor in from the mainlands," I explained.

She had looked away from me while I was telling her. She wasn't ignoring me or not paying attention, she was just trying to absorb all of the information and see if she could recall anything that I said. Speaking of, did she remember the events before...?

"Do you remember what happened before you passed out?" I slowly asked, remembering very well what we were doing.

She looked off, and I could already tell what the answer was. She furrowed her eyebrows in concentration for a few seconds, but I knew she had come up short.

"I... remember..." she paused, trying to come up with the right words. "I remember going to the dinner... or preparing to, at least..."

       Hearing her mention the dinner made me wonder if it was just the idea of dinner that she remembered or if she actually knew how that... man was acting.

        "Do you remember anything of the dinner?" I questioned.

        She shook her head.

        "Not really... it's all very fuzzy..." she then put a hand on her head and sighed. "So is my head."

        I nodded and looked down, wondering what to do. The doctor did say that I should alert him to when she woke up, and that probably was the best thing for her, so I considered following directions. But the main thing plaguing my mind was that she didn't remember.