Part 71:

Warning: Some suggestive language and descriptions

(Y/N's POV)

His dark brown, almost black, eyes were drawing me in, and I couldn't help but falter just a little. I tried to steady myself so I wouldn't be completely lost in him.

"I'm not jealous," I insisted.

He looked slightly lower, then back to my eyes. If I were standing, it would have been sure to make my knees buckle. I tried to put in a face of indifference to mask the almost primal need that was coursing through my veins. I couldn't let my body be the ruler over my mind. He probably knows what he's doing to me. To get the answer he wants out, whether it's true or not, which... it is.

He leaned in a little closer, and my heart slammed even harder against my chest. He was only a couple of inches away from me now, and I was determined to not show how he was affecting me. I tilted my chin up a little.

"Fine. You're not," he relented, giving me that small smirk that made me squint my eyes at him. "Then you wouldn't mind if I just... left to go finish what she started?"

I couldn't help it. I furrowed my eyebrows and crossed my arms at his suggestion. He leaned back into the couch, arms placed on either side of him, spread comfortably, and eyeing me.

"No," I huffed. "Go ahead."

I took one of my hands out of the crook of my arm to motion to the door and put it immediately back, enjoying the warmth. In-Ho looked at me intently, and I just stared back at him. He pushed himself up with the arms he had by his side and stood up abruptly. My eyes trailed him the whole way. He rolled his sleeves up his slightly muscled forearms slightly, and I looked away and buried my head in my hands because I couldn't help it. I found it too attractive when a man did that, especially this one and right in front of me. I heard a deep laugh from above me, and I just stayed out, wallowing in embarrassment and misery before the voice was right in front of me, making me jolt upright.

"Then I will."

I scoffed as he quickly walked towards the door. He turned around as soon as the noise came out of me, stopping and looking back teasingly.

"What was that?" He used in a voice as though he was talking to a child.

I smiled sarcastically with my lips together, arms still folded.

"Nothing. Be on your merry way."

He smirked-damn him- once again, and as soon as he faced the other way, my smile dropped. I didn't turn my head as his eyes followed him out of sight. I heard the door slam, and I immediately uncrossed my arms and slammed them on the couch in fists. I threw my head back and let out a groan of annoyance. More psychological torture for me.

"I never left," I heard In-Ho say smugly, making my head shoot up.

He walked out from the walkway and leaned against it seductively, enticingly. I made an angry face at him and got up from the couch, choosing to go to bed now.

...

Breakfast the next morning was nice. As I chewed and swallowed the food, I could feel the energy it was giving my restless body and mind. Time ticked away ever so slowly last night. It felt as though I had to listen to the every-second noise of a clock and focus on it for hours. I kept thinking of why I was so on edge about In-Ho possibly pursuing that other woman even though I knew deep down and just didn't want to admit it. I liked him. I had feelings for my coworker. But, as I said before, who am I kidding? Nothing will come of it. Nothing has.