Part 46:

(In-Ho's POV)

     The first day was officially completed for us. Well, it wasn't, but it was in the players and game aspect. They were getting their dinner of a bento box as we speak, and Y/N and I are just arriving at our room. After entering, I remembered that nobody had told her about what was to happen with us tonight.

      "Y/N," I spoke. She looked at me and stopped her walking. "Tonight there will be a dinner of sorts here to celebrate the start of successful games. You'll also meet somebody knew. That person is the salesman. You have technically met him before, but this will be your first time as a fellow organizer. He is the man that plays Ddakji with all of the players before the real games."

      Y/N furrowed her eyebrows in concentration to seemingly attempt to find the memory of the man during my dialogue, and she seemed to know who I was talking about when I mentioned the Ddakji game. She nodded and looking a little bit lost in thought. I sighed at her as she just walked away.

       "You'll need to be ready for 8 pm tonight. That is when the dinner starts. You can relax until then."

       She heard me, but she didn't acknowledge me with more than a sideways glance. I didn't know why she was acting so weird, but maybe she was just in a weird mood because it was her first real time as Host. She seemed kind of down, and she went straight to her room. I stared at the door for a while just thinking about her. I don't know why.

         I suddenly heard a knock on the door of the room. I looked at the door out of the corner of my eye and sighed, putting my glass of whiskey down and getting up. It wasn't time to go to dinner yet as it was only 5 pm as said on my watch, so I didn't know what it could be about.

        I got up and started to walk to the door when I saw motion in my peripheral vision. I looked that way, and Y/N door was slowly swinging open. Only her head popped out from it.

        "Should I come with you?" she asked monotonously.

         I shook my head and continued walking forward, and I only stopped when I got to where my mask was. She looked at the ground and retreated quickly back into her room. I shook my head and opened the door. It was a manager.

          "Excuse me, sir, but the former Host would like to see you. And... only you. He made it very clear that he would like to speak to you without her present," he politely said.

         I looked at him for a moment and excused myself. I closed the door gently and walked to about five feet from Y/N's door.

      "Y/N?" I called.

         I heard some footsteps after about 3 seconds, and the quiet sounds grew slightly in volume as she walked closer to the other side of the door. She poked her head out like last time, and her sad eyes met mine. It made mine soften under the mask, and I quickly regained my original expression.

       "Il-Nam would like to speak to me. You may stay here or... explore if you wish."

         She pressed her lips into a thin line. She nodded but looked at her feet instead. I sighed and walked closer to her.

         "You're going to tell me what's upsetting you so much when I get back," I demanded.

         She nearly looked at my face, covered face, but she just nodded and went back into her room. I sighed at her behavior and started to go back towards the manager that was still waiting for me outside of my door.

...

"You needed me, sir?"

I walked into Il-Nam's room and saw him sitting with his back to me. He gazed up towards where the ceiling met the wall in front of him, seemingly disengaged and unaware of my presence.