Part 31:

(Earlier events, In-Ho's POV)

     I watched Y/N get pulled off by the female I held the door for. It was kind of awkward because Y/N was a few inches taller than the smaller and approximately (Y/H-3 inches) girl. I smirked and turned back to face forward.

The man in front of me had also followed the girls with his eyes. He then looked at me.

"Oh, that Iris," he said. "Too friendly for her own good."

I took a glance back at Y/N.

"So is Y/N."

He held out his hand. "My name is Su-Jun."

I took it and shook his hand firmly. "In-Ho."

We both looked back again at the girls. "Iris" seemed to have been overloading a flustered Y/N with questions. I smiled slightly.

"A catch, that one," he remarked. "Your girl."

I turned to him with a frown and didn't say anything for a few moments.

"No, sir. We only work together."

He turned towards me with a knowing grin.

"Well, from that little smile a bit ago..." he recalled. "I would say you'd rather be more, yes?"

I looked at him in thought. He locked eyes with Iris with a peaceful look on his face.

"That's how I first looked at Iris."

     (Y/N's POV)

We followed the Front Man to the very back of the restaurant. It was huge and I didn't even know how one food place could have this much space. There must be a hundred cooks and fifty waiters.

I didn't know if it was just me or something but it seemed like our waiter was giving me some eyes earlier. I wouldn't know though, because I know I'm terrible at knowing if people are flirting with me or not. One study actually shows that humans are less than 50% accurate at judging whether or not somebody is flirting with them, and I bet my percentage is way lower.

     I spotted Il-Nam at a round table near the corner of the restaurant and the server was still deftly moving past people and other tables. It was kind of hard keeping up. When I did get there, the waiter put on a semi dramatic performance of bowing in front of a seat that was across from Il-Nam and pulling it out for me. I was confused, but I just thanked him and sat down. He scooted the chair gently inwards, and I might have see In-Ho side eye him before sitting between me and the previous host.

    "Would you like to place your drink orders?" He asked.

    "Your best wine, please," Il-Nam replied.

    The waiter nodded his head and looked at me while saying "Only the finest".

    He walked away, and Il-Nam chuckled.

    "My, Y/N, he seems to like you."

    I laughed a bit.

     "But he just met me. He shouldn't like me already."

    "Well you are quite lovely, so I would not be surprised."

    I smiled graciously and the man, somehow, must have teleported because he was already back with the bottle of wine and our glasses. The kitchen was way too far for him to get there so quick. Perhaps this establishment was so fancy that it had underground tunnels that go to and from the kitchen?

    He gracefully placed each of the items down in front of each of us and summoned menus from god knows where. It was in Korean, and I was definitely better at speaking it than reading it, but I'm sure I can manage (hopefully).

    "I'll give you all a minute."

     He smirked at me and returned to where he just came from. I watched him for a moment before looking back towards the people I was with. They were both already looking at me.

     "What?"

      Il-Nam took the bottle and opened it (I don't know much about alcohol lol) before pouring it into his glass. He smiled.

    "He fancies you."

    He passed the bottle to an angry-looking In-Ho, and I shook my head. I looked at the menu and finally started to comprehend what all of the meals even were. There were typical Korean dishes, American dishes with Korean flare, and other things I couldn't identify because they were also a part of other cultures.

      "So, about next game," Il-Nam started. "We will need new games that you both will be in charge of coming up with."

    "I know, sir. I've already alerted Miss L/N to having to word on it tomorrow," In-Ho stated.

     "Yes," I chimed in, still recovering from In-Ho referring to me by my last name. "And I also already have a few good ideas in mind that I hope you will like."

    "Brilliant! May you enlighten me on a few of these?"

     (Can't spoil!)

     "I like these, Y/N. It is very exciting to know that you are so invested in this job and have such amazing ideas. I am very proud of you. Please let me know when the last few games are decided upon, yes?"

      "Thank you so much, sir. I'm glad that you think they can be successes."

      I looked over to In-Ho who seemed to be slightly disinterested in the conversation topic.

     "Did you have any ideas you want to incorporate, In-Ho?" I queried.

    He looked towards me and shook his head softly before returning to stare blankly at his own menu. Il-Nam seemingly took note of his behavior and gave a slight smile, kind of like the Cheshire Cat (do you know another of my simps that I'm referencing?) and sipped his own wine. Mine had been filled a few minutes ago and I had yet to try it.

     I'm not really one for alcohol, but sometimes I like being drunk. It can be fun around the right people and in the right setting, but the taste puts me off every time.

     I reached out my hand and brought my glass to my lips to taste the fancy wine. It had barely spread on my tongue before the taste of bitter grapes graced my mouth.

     I made a sour face and placed the glass where it had originally been.

     "Alright, are you all ready to order?" The waiter questioned.

    Both of the men I was with ordered their food and seemingly knew ahead of time what they were going to order, even In-Ho, which was surprising because all he did was look at the menu. I was obviously the only one who hadn't been here before, so I didn't know what was good and what was not or what my favorite/usual thing to get was.

    "I'll take the (enter fancy food)." I smiled and handed him back my menu. He made an effort to brush my hand with his colder ones and winked at me. This was by far one of the most awkward experiences I've had with a stranger in a restaurant, but I chose to ignore it. Maybe he would just leave it as those harmless encounter.

     (In-Ho's POV)

     I absolutely despised the way he looked at her every time he was nearby. He didn't deserve her. She was too good for him. Too good for anybody. Too good for... me? No. Why would I even be thinking about her and me in a-

     I saw him touch her hand out of the corner of my eye and my blood boiled. I slowly turned my head towards them, and Y/N looked uncomfortable by the touches. That made it worse. Or did it make it better? For me, yes, but not really. I never wanted to see her like that, but then again I would hate if she enjoyed him touching her like that.

    He walked away, and she just looked at the table like I had done with the menu previously. I hadn't really been deciding what to eat. I always order the same thing when coming here, but I just couldn't really figure out how to face the feelings I was feeling whenever I saw him look at my Y/N in a romantic way.

   What have I become?

Original Publish Date: May 6th, 2023