Part 36:

(Random A/N: I don't know if it's just me or not, but I didn't know what the time was in the series. I just found out it's mid/late June if anybody else wanted to know. I also took a squid game character quiz and I'm apparently Ali!)

It was already the next day, and I found myself kind of excited to see the progress. Yesterday evening, I had found out that the other game areas were completely gone and all rooms were ready for the new areas. All the noise that should have came with the building was not heard by us or by anyone of my knowledge, so it was more like an out of sight out of mind type of thing; it was kinda like knowing it was a Friday at school and then just remembering out of nowhere and becoming excited and grateful that the week will soon be over. I had felt that countless times and it gave me a short wave of nostalgia.

     Right now I'm finishing my little morning routine and awaiting the marvelous breakfast we were sure to have today.

(In-Ho's POV)

I had woken up the same as every morning that I had been here. I slept without truly getting any rest, woke up with no greeting to the world, looked forward to nothing, etc. The only different feelings I've had throughout my days here have been this week; since Y/N showed up. It was a very peculiar thing, my feelings toward her. I couldn't even put it into words, but it seems like her presence is just... something. She's something. I don't know what.

For these reasons, I was somewhat apprehensive for my mom to meet her. I didn't know why, but I feel like I... cared... about my mother's opinion on her. Is it because she's something like a friend? Maybe. Do I consider her a friend? I don't know. I guess. Maybe. I don't have friends.

These unfamiliar emotions that I was feeling were frustrating me to no end, and even more so because I know I can't talk to anyone about them. Well, I could, but they certainly couldn't be Y/n. Anyone but her. I could talk to Il-Nam about it and tell him about the da- I mean, meeting with my mom tonight. Yes. That's what I will do.

(Y/N's POV)

I got into my clothes and out of the bathroom pretty soon after I recapped my day, so I walked out to sit on the couch like I had done yesterday morning. In-Ho wasn't there, and that made me think of the stereotype that "girls take forever to get ready" when we really don't. In my case, I'm usually done before him.

I got out some (favorite flavor) vitamin water out of the fridge and drank some. This is really the only way I get my vitamins, but it's filled with sugar. It's delicious though.

Something that occurred to me all of the sudden was the fact that I had to go to dinner tonight. I almost choked on the vitamin water and cursed myself for forgetting to prepare for it. I have only one other article of clothing besides my work outfits, and I had already worn it. I can't wear it again for a while because that would be tacky...Oh my god, sounding like a stuck up rich person already. What have I become?

      I pulled out my phone and texted my stylist. I asked if she could possibly make me a new dress for a dinner. I don't know what restaurant we're going to yet, but I just said upscale casual and darker tones because it will be nighttime. I was wondering if she could even get it finished in time because she might have other things to do with her life, but she said she'd be on it right away and it fortunately will be done when I need it. I told her thank you and turned off the phone. At least I have one thing out of the way. I still didn't know how to act around her or In-Ho. Should I act friendly to him? Should I act professional to him? All of these questions would definitely go unanswered and my intuition would have to lead the way here.

       While I was hydrating myself in a healthy yet unhealthy way, In-Ho entered the room. He was still fixing his coat, and he made eye contact with me. It felt so intense even though it was just for a few seconds, and I was mostly frozen during it. After he looked away, I blushed lightly and cleared my throat.