Part 65:

(Y/N's POV)

       I woke up to an aromatic masculine scent filling my nose and strong arms wrapped around me. I almost internally panicked, but then I remembered who it was. One of the only men I knew that was not not seeking to hurt me. I relaxed and slowly looked up, trying not to wake him. In-Ho looked peaceful and calm, which I've never seen very much of. He was no longer intimidating or scary, and, well, he's not really that to me, but just in general.

       I just looked at him, admiring all of his facial features when I felt him shift, and I saw his eyes close more. I didn't want him to know I was staring, so I lowered my head slowly and closed my eyes. I steadied my breathing so it would sell the fact that I was not creeping on him a little bit ago.

      I heard that sigh that most of us do when we first wake up in the morning. The one filled with "damn, here's another day, and I can't sleeping anymore". I kept up my act for a minute or so before I felt a hand coming up my side. I tried not to tense up, but I bet I did, and the hand reached my hair. In-Ho was petting it softly, and I was mentally yelling at myself to not lean into his touch. I then felt him pull it away, and I wondered if he knew I was really awake.

         All of the sudden, I felt lips on my forehead. My breath hitched, and as soon as I realized, I resumed my pace. I felt a loss of all touch, and I wanted him to come back, but of course he didn't. Quieted footsteps echoed slightly throughout the room, and then there was the sound of the door.

       I let out a groan and sat up immediately, rubbing the sleep out of my eyes. I then braced myself with my arms as I blinked my eyes rapidly to wake up.

       "I knew it."

        I looked up towards the door and saw In-Ho staring at me with his arms folded in front of his chest. My eyes widened in shock, and I couldn't think of anything to say. He chuckled and all I could do was give a guilty, embarrassed smile.

       "I just didn't want you to know I was awake..."

       He let out a deep laugh and walked over to my side of the bed to sit down.

       "I knew the whole time." He gave a charming grin.

        I averted my eyes down to the blanket and played with my hands. I felt reeeeally stupid with not just looking away from him and faking being asleep. Looking back, I was just not thinking right, but I also got a kiss out of it, so maybe it was worth it.

        "Well I got a kiss..."

        He looked at me, his cheeks slightly pink, and I fully lowered my head to conceal my smile. I then cleared my throat and looked at him seriously.

       "I do feel like I'm feeling better, though."

       It wasn't completely a lie, but I still don't feel like I was over it, which I know is understandable. It still felt like I had a danger hanging over me at any time, along with those painful memories, and I didn't feel great about that.

        He seemed to sense how my thoughts, and he took my hand in his. It was warm and felt strong, not too soft, and I stared at it before glancing up at him. He also was looking down at it before me. I felt so cheesy, like I was in a rom-com, and I didn't like it.

       "I'm glad you're feeling better."

       He stood up, releasing my hand, and he had his back to me.

       "Oh," he started, seemingly remembering something. "I have a present for you."

       I looked at his back.