Part 43:

I saw a full room of hundreds of people in green tracksuits. 568, to be exact. They were all now turning to look at us. Everybody now faced the front and walked a little bit closer. I wondered who player 1 in this game would be... or player 055, me. Who'd be 456? Who'd be 218? Who'd be... 199?

      I hung my head slightly, but then stuck my chin up and wore an "I'm more important than you" face. I walked confidently and fast paced. I passed both men on either side of me. I stood at the front of the platform. I felt all eyes on me. I saw out of the corner of my eyes that both the Front Man and the manager remained slightly behind me.

      I turned my head to look at the manager on my left and rose my eyebrows to ask if he was going to do the talking or not. He instead gave me a nod that told me to do it, so I looked back at everybody in front of me. I put on a smile though nobody could see it. I was very much on the spot, and I hoped that I wouldn't stutter.

      "Welcome, everybody," I started. "We are very glad to have you all participating in the games. Players will be a part of one game every day for a total of six days. People that win all games will get a large cash reward."

       "Does the money justify you kidnapping all of us?! We didn't ask for this!" A man yelled from the middle right of the crowd.

      "Everybody in here played a game outside of this facility. You then agreed to further participate by dialing the number on this organization's card and coming here," I replied.

       "Okay?! But that doesn't mean you get to throw us in this place after knocking us out!" A woman called.

        "We only went to those measures to... secure our confidentiality. We must not allow any of you to know the location of where the games are held."

        "Is there why everybody is wearing a mask?" A more polite woman in the front questioned.

       "Yes. All staff members are required to protect their identity."

       "I want out! This entire business seems sketchy! Doesn't everyone else agree?!" A man yelled, causing many people to take his side.

       Hearing this, I decided that it was the perfect time for the manager to do his little speech on how every player suffered from inequality, snitch about every individual's debt, show the Ddakji game footage, etc. I looked to my left and nodded to him. He pulled out a remote and clicked it, causing screens to come down playing similar images to what was shown to us. Of course, there were all different people, angles, lighting, etc. He listed off players and debts, and I just looked ahead at everyone. I bet they were wondering why my mask as well as In-Ho's differed quite a lot from everybody else's.

       "Do you really want to go back to your old lives being chased by everybody you owe money to, or do you want to play the games and have a chance to live a more than financially stable life?" The square asked, and paused for a moment. "If anybody wants to leave, now is the time."

      Nobody said another word, and it was quiet. I thought of something to say to fill the silence, but came up with nothing. Thankfully; somebody else spoke up.

     "How 'financially stable' will we be if we win?" A man queried from a few rows from the front.

     I nodded to the manager again, and he got a remote that brought out the big, golden piggy bank.

     "Your prize money will pile up in there after every game. Only after the first will we tell you how much money is in it for those who win."

     They seemed satisfied with my answer. I then looked at the manager to take over for this part.