Part 23

The stress of the situation must have been getting to him. He was bloodthirsty. Very, very crazy. I watched as he laughed at his own actions. At the death of another player. He was the one preaching about god, but selfishness is a sin, and he just mercilessly executed another person so he could live. Any normal person wouldn't insisted they'd go...

    He suddenly jumped left. He made it. They only had several more tiles left, and they were still on player 6, but remembered that Player 7 died. They weren't too far into the line, not even halfway, so a lot of people should get to live.

    Nobody seemed to trust him anymore, so the person behind him sneakily went behind him and shoved him forward into the wrong tile. His scream reminded me of an animal. One that was certainly fearful and possibly in pain. He hit the ground with a sound of impact. The guy was still steadying himself when he realized the gravity of what he'd just done.

    The man had killed the only person in front of him, therefore he was next. He was going to be the next one to die. There were about 6 tiles left, so according to my calculations, that's less than a 2% chance of survival. Even less if there's more than 6 tiles.

    He shakily looked behind him. It was literally the worst person to be in front of. 101. He would push someone without second thought, so that man probably had about 15 seconds to live if he died on the first tile.

    "Don't... push me," he pleaded. "Okay?"

     "Hey, come on. I got no reason to push you. You gotta cross so I can, huh?"

     The raise of 101's eyebrows made me wanna gag. I made a hand gesture to my mouth and a noise. The Frontman looked at me. He leaned in towards my ear. I shuffled away a bit out of instinct and put my hands on my arm. He paused for a second, but then leaned in a bit closer.

    "Don't act unprofessional."

    I side-eyed him and looked back at the newly updated mini- bridge. There were 9 players left. I realized that it was about to be Gi-Hun's turn to go on. I looked at him hesitate. Oh no. Did he forget which one it is?

    Personally, I would sit on the edge of the platform and bang on both with my hands in order to see which one was which. That's actually a good strategy now that I think about it. Or, you could collect everyone's shoes, hold the laces, and hit it as hard as you can into both glasses to see which one is safe. Ugh. Why didn't they think of that?

     I heard Sae-Byeok's voice. I crossed my finger and hoped she hadn't duped him. She could easily lie about which one it was. I exhaled a breath of relief as he safely landed.

    "Thanks so much," he said.

     The guy in front of 101 actually made it to the next one. He was squatting  and looking very very scared.

    "You're doing good," he said. "Now you just keep going."

    I suddenly realized I didn't know his name. I turned to frontman.

   "Hey." He turned to me. "Do you know the asshole's name?"

    He turned back to his original position and laughed.

   "Jang Deok-Su."

   I scoffed.

   "Damn, that even sounds like an asshole's name."

   He laughed a bit more this time and lowered his head to cover it. I smiled at him and looked back to the game.

    Player 8 got on his knees. Not this again. Wasn't he the one who killed the man for praying?