Afterwards...

(Y/N's POV)

    We didn't do anything about the kiss at first, but it was an unspoken understanding that something would happen eventually. We were just together. He kissed me often. Mostly on the cheek, and even around workers, and it made me blush rose red. He didn't strike me as a PDA type of guy, so it pleasantly surprised me.

      Thank goodness, however, that I ended up getting my revenge. Let me tell you how:

      It was the last game. This room had been specially built and designed for this, so it was special. I could tell the VIPs were hugely impressed because of their slow steps and wandering eyes as they made their way farther into the room. It was definitely something.

      The whole bottom and walls of the room were made of glass. Underneath was a simulated forest. It was so immersive it felt like you were floating. It was the perfect view for the game. The last game was Hide and Seek. The players didn't get weapons, but they had 15 minutes. If the seeker didn't find and kill the hider, the hider won. If the hider was killed, the seeker would win. It was brutal, especially as we gave them no weapons. The last two survivors, the last male and female, battled hard. In the end, the woman came out victorious as the time ran out right before she was killed. She was on the ground awaiting her fate when the body fell on top of her, curtesy of the bullet to the man's chest from a soldier behind him. She was swiftly taken away given prompt medical treatment before In-Ho and I would ride home with her, but before that... I needed to show that bitch.

      When the player's number was announced as the winner, I looked at In-Ho, who was across from me a ways away because the VIP's were on our side between us ([ this kind of shape). The male VIPs turned and walked away, but before the lingering Jessica Rabbit could do anything, I walked to In-Ho.

      "A great day for women," I remarked.

      I slid up his mask while he simultaneously faced himself away from the woman. He smiled and said "very". I stood up on my toes and he leaned down and we kissed.

      The statement to her was brief, but it was satisfying nonetheless. In-Ho was mine, but honestly, I can't be really mad at her. She didn't bring him and I "together" after all. I don't know if he ever would have let me know he liked me had it not been for her. I would never have gotten to kiss him.

      Before the next games, we had a break. A chance to actually get to know each other besides the superficialities. We knew very little about each other. I learned a good deal. He used to be a police officer like his brother. I was shocked to find out that he had been in the games. I obviously believe he could have won, but I didn't think he actually experienced it. He got me. He understood, and I didn't even know. We shared in the same heartaches. He knew most things about mw though, but I added some new details.

      We still liked each other after sharing our traits and stories, good and bad. Thank goodness. But I felt something so weird. It's just how it made me feel when he looked at me. And the way he looked at me. It can't even be described. As Jordan Baker said, "And the way he looked at her was the way all girls want to be looked at." Maybe that's the closest I could get to it.

       That day was the day he asked me officially to be his girlfriend. I was ecstatic. Being asked those things just warms my heart. I felt to loved and appreciated. When he asked me, of course I said yes (screaming, more like), and I hugged him so forcefully that he fell back into the bed. He hugged me back and let me just lay on his chest. You'd also think he'd not like hugs, but he does.

      It made me so happy that we started dating. Even through death, here we are. Together.

        Publish Date: April 24, 2024