Part 40:

Help, y'all, it's 4 am and I haven't slept 😭.

Help, it's the second day of working on this, it's 3 am, and I haven't slept 😭 I will also not make this a very in depth story of the day I'm describing because I feel like I've made y'all wait long enough for the actual games. The end of this day might go into the beginning of the next chapter, though.

   (Y/N's POV)

     It's the final day before my first games as the new Host! On one hand, I'm having positive emotions like being excited and feeling useful, but on the other, I'm having very negative emotions that are associated with the fact that over 200 people will die at my hands tomorrow. Over 400 are being kidnapped today...

     We have decided that there will be 8 rounds of the first game as to make it long enough for the experience to actually be worthwhile. Only a few wouldn't be as fun. What we made "funner" were the actual deaths. Under each section's able-to-be-opened bottoms were long spikes. Sharp spikes. 3 foot spikes. They were under the entire room. The VIP's would have access to the cameras that showed all of the victims falling only them. The room would be bathed in red lights that would make it even more fear inducing when people in the other sectors saw one of the sectors open. It was a chilling thought.

       Today was supposed to be a fairly easy day for us, unless other people had problems. First, after breakfast, we were to make sure that everything was in order with every rank of workers. Second, we were to make sure that everything for the games was exactly to our liking. Thankfully, the first game didn't have anything special that was needed like Dalgona did. The only think we needed was food. I insisted that throughout the 6 days, we keep up the tradition of giving them littler food, but we don't give them something as extreme as just one egg and bottle of soda per day. That's kind of mean. My substitution for that was a medium serving of rice with optional soy sauce on it. They would come in packets that would be on the plate for players, and they would be the ones to choose whether or not they wanted that or plain rice.

       Now that I've gone over all of that and I'm done getting ready, I need to go out there to In-Ho. He actually knocked on my door to let me know to hurry up today, which was because it was just a weird moment I was having. It's like the gravity of "tomorrow starts the Games" finally weighed down on me, and my appearance was something to pay a little bit more attention too. That or stare in the mirror thinking about life and my current situation.

      I walked out of my room and rounded the corner to go over to where In-Ho was waiting for me. We started making our way to eat.

      "Usually you're out here before me," he stated.

      "Yeah. I don't know, I've just been thinking about tomorrow," I responded. He nodded.

      "How... are you feeling about it?"

      "A mixture of excited, sentimental, and disgusted with myself."

      "Explain the last?"

      "Over 200 people's death, by our most recent calculations, will be on my hands. Literally! My hands are the ones choosing who lives and who dies." I sighed. "At least your games had meaning. They actually each represented a different thing that a true winner needed. Game 1: control. Game 2: precision. Game 3: strength and strategy. Game 4: smarts and luck. Game 5: again, luck, and trust in the people around you. And finally, Game 6: a murderous nature."

      I laughed pitifully at myself for not thinking enough about my game choices. Did too many rely on luck? I needed to look into that soon.

     "Do you think tomorrow's game relies on something else but luck?" I asked.