Part 8:

(Y/N's POV)

After I was led back to the main room, I saw Gi-Hun and Sae Byeok on guard. I rushed up to them, but then I slowed down because I didn't even know what to say. They would kick me out of the team...

I slowly just decided that maybe I would say I went to the bathroom and I accidentally fell asleep, but the guard finally woke me up. Yeah... that's a good idea. Well, it's not the best, but there's really nothing else I can say.

When I made my decision, Gi-Hun spotted me. He got up and rushed to me.

"Where were you?!" He whisper-yelled. "We didn't know where you were. Ali went to sleep worried about you."

"I... went to the bathroom. I didn't know Ali didn't hear me when I said that, and I tried to hurry up but a wave of tiredness hit me. I fell asleep... I woke up to a guard shaking me and yelling."

Gi-Hun examined me, and he decided to trust me.

"Alright. But next time, please make sure he's up."

I agreed and went to my spot.

"Oh! And Gi-Hun?"

He turned to me and hummed.

"Can this... stay between us four? If Sang-woo hears about it, he'll blow it way out of proportion and create more drama than needed."

He agreed and sat back with Sae Byeok. She eyed me the whole time, and I can tell that she didn't believe a word I said. I just really hoped that she wouldn't tell Sang-Woo.

...

    (A/N: The alarm doesn't go off and the players are not examined because they are not searching for Jun-Ho.)

We woke up in the same way we do every day now. The lights came on, and the same music started playing. Everyone in the group got up, except for the old man. He seemed very scared for some reason. But before I walked over to him, Ali was talking to me.

   "Y/N! I was very-"

    "Shhh!"

    He looked puzzled. I scooted over to him.

   "If any more people hear that I left to use the bathroom, they might theorize and make trouble," I claimed.

    "Oh so you did go to the bathroom?" Ali questioned.

    "Yes. I thought you heard me when I said so, but I guess you didn't. Then I accidentally fell asleep."

    "Hm. Okay Miss Y/N."

    I nodded at him and headed over to 001.

"Excuse me, sir, are you okay? You look very scared."

He looked up at me, but did not speak. His lip trembled.

"Do you need help getting out of bed?"

Gi-Hun also came up to see what was wrong with the elderly man. He worked to get the sheets out of the old man's hands and help him up, but we were quickly stopped. We both saw a big wet patch on the old man's pants. He trembled and looked like he was going to cry.

    "Oh, no..." I said, wrapping my arms around him. "It's alright sir. Accidents happen! It'll be okay."

    I suddenly took off my jacket and handed it to him.

    "Here. Put this around you, sir."

     He accepted it. We helped him out of his bed and wrapped it around his waist. I smiled at him. The old man was extremely appreciative.