Chapter Forty Six

Landon

A leg clinging tighter around my waist disturbed the best sleep I had for a while. I looked down to find Coco laying her head on my chest, a dribbled from the corner of her slightly open mouth that I swore I would never mention to her. She would probably not want to sleep in my bed again.

The duvet had been kicked aside, despite the chill in the room, leaving her body hardly covered. I would be lying if I said I wasn't admiring her exposed skin and the way she laid so comfortably over mine.

I couldn't think of any way to make our day more perfect. The only thing she wore whilst lightly sleeping was the necklace that signified the two of us officially being together. Finally, I'd be able to call her my girlfriend without wondering if she thought it was weird.

Whilst I watched her sleep, I reminisced on the night before. The way she responded to my touch, moaning how much she loves me as she shook beneath me. I was obsessed. I had admittedly imagined what it would be like with her, yet the thoughts couldn't compare to the actual thing.

Looking around, I saw my pants on the floor with hers nowhere to be seen. Recalling the moment I rolled them down her legs and revealed parts of her I had never seen, I grinned like a child. All the while she was still resting so innocently.

She promised to break my heart and that was it.

There was no me and her, only us.

Instead of waking her or having breakfast alone, I resorted to showering - it was definitely needed. Trying to let her sleep, I shuffled for a few minutes to remove myself from under her and placed a pillow where I was for her to wrap her leg around.

On the way to the bathroom, I turned at the sound of Coco stirring, then sighing contently.

Resisting the urge to go back and stay with her, I shut the bathroom door over and switched on the cold water. I needed desperately refreshing.

We didn't have anything planned for the day, but I expected to at least do something. Whether it was just the two of us or if she insists on inviting our friends out too was still unknown.

After waking myself up with the water, I wrapped a towel around my waist and went back across the bedroom to the closet. By this time, Coco was laid on her back and looked over at me with tired eyes. After a few seconds, she giggled to herself and threw the pillow over her face.

"Morning to you too, Miss Pierce." I frowned, curious as to what she was laughing at.

"I love you." She peaked over the top of the cotton, the suppressed laugh escaping through her lips.

Making my way to her instead of the closet, I pulled away the pillow and sat beside her on the bed. "What's so funny?"

"Nothing." She tried too hard to keep a straight face, failing miserably after a few seconds.

What is so amusing?

Determined to get it out of her, I pinned her arms above her head and hovered over her. We were past fearing morning breath, Coco clearly wasn't fazed by the close proximity. She pulled my lips down to hers and kissed me, being broken by the unmissable grin. I ran a hand down the side of her body and her chest rose as she took in a deep breath. Whatever she found hilarious was soon forgotten about whilst my fingertips grazed her bare skin.

"You're pretty." She sighed, holding onto my shoulders. "Go to the mirror in the closet. See how pretty you are."

That was definitely an indication of something. She wanted me to see something else.

And pretty? After last night, she called me pretty?