54

"Wh-what happened?" Yelena asked as I stumbled into the compound. She held me up as I collapsed into her arms.

"He's gone." I sobbed out. "I couldn't save him." I sobbed, she sat us both down on the ground and held my head against her chest.

"Who's gone?" She asked.

"Tony." I whispered, I turned around and saw that Tony's body was nowhere to be found and that Pietro was gone.

"Tony's dead?" She asked, her hands falling down. "He's actually dead?"

"Yes." I whispered, clutching my stomach and falling down onto the ground.

"I am so sorry Ivy." She said, trying to sit me back up and kissing my forehead. "I know what he meant to you." She whispered soothingly, tucking my hair behind my ear.

"I don't want him to be gone." I cried out. "I've lost so many people." I stood up and sat down on a chair.

"What's happening?" Finn asked, I turned towards the door and saw Finn and Daisy staring at me with a confused expression.

"Ivy." Steve said in a low voice.

"What?" I asked harshly, I felt Finns small arms wrap around my arm.

"Pietro, can you get her out of here, we should break the news to everyone else and...I don't think she can handle it." Steve said.

"Oh, thanks Steve." I said sarcastically, he sighed and Pietro carried me to the lounge, thankfully no one was in there.

"Are you alright?" He asked, gazing at me intently.

"What do you think?" I asked with tears streaming down my face. "Now I've lost four of the people who were most important to me. What if I lose Yelena next?" I asked him. "If I lose her I'm going to kill myself."

"Don't say that." Pietro said simply.

"Why not, it's true. I can't lose her, I just can't." I whispered. "Say something." I told him.

"I'm sorry, I don't know what to say. Except for I'm sorry." He said. "I know what it feels like to lose someone, but I don't know how to relate to your level of grief." I felt a surge of anger and I jumped up. "What?" He asked.

"I have learned to love so many people, and this is where it gets me." I spat, he stood up and stood in front of me.

"I guess that this is what it costs." He said. I punched his shoulder and got him to take a step back.

"You don't get to say that to me!" I exclaimed, hitting him again. "I spent fifteen years of my life not giving a shit about anything, and then I come here and regret it. But, now I regret regretting it!" I said. "Because I'm starting to think that I was right, because I don't want to feel like this anymore!" I screamed, hitting him again.

"Calm down Ivy, calm down." He said, holding his hands up.

"How can you tell me to calm down! I lost my dad, my sister, one of my best friends, and now I've lost the closest thing I've had to a dad in sixteen years!" I screamed at him. "So how the fuck can you tell me to calm down!" I continued to hit him but all he did was put his arms around me. "I'm sorry." I sobbed out.

"I know." He said.

"I just can't lose anyone else."

"I know, and you won't have to." He promised me, I pulled away from him and wiped the tears off of my face. "Do you want me to go get Yelena?" He asked.

"Yeah." I said, he sped off and came back in a second with Yelena.

"Oh sweetheart, come here." She said, wrapping me into a tight hug. "Im so sorry babygirl." She whispered into my ear.

"I love you." I whispered to her. "I can't lose you. Please don't leave me." I said.

"I won't sweetheart, I promise." She said, kissing my temple. "I know this might not be the most appropriate time to tell you this, but you're the new leader of the Avengers."

"Wait what?" I asked her. "I don't know how to lead people."

"It's ok, everyone will help you." She whispered, I nodded and pulled away from her. "Just lie down for a minute." She told me.

"Ok, I will." I told her, lying down on the couch and staring at the ceiling. "When is the funeral?" I asked her.

"Tomorrow." She told me. "They're burying him right now."

"Oh." I whispered, sitting up. "He said there was a guy named Harley. And he said that we should meet." I told her.

"Well, I'll see what I can do." She said, smiling at me. She kissed my cheek and gave me another tight hug. I sniffed and buried my face in her shoulder. "It's ok Ivy, he's in a better place."

"What?"

"He can rest now."