[a surprise]<fluff>

(another high school au)

---

tw:
-mention of death
-mention of injury

---

Tubbo pounded on Ranboo's door "Come on! We're gonna get late! hurry!" He shouted impatiently. This was Ranboo's surprise to him and Ranboo was the one being late.

Ranboo called back "I'm going as fast as I can! Jeez!" They opened the door and ran a hand through their hair "You can't rush beauty" They huffed jokingly.

Tubbo rolled his eyes "It's your surpise. I don't know why I'm the one having to rush you" Ranboo laughed unamused and said, a slight lie in their voice "I'm finished anyways. I was just fixing my hair..."

Tubbo noticed it and pressed "Ranboo." Ranboo looked away and grabbed their phone "We should go now" They hummed, holding Tubbo's hand as they led him out of the house.

The pair walked to the place instead of taking a car since Ranboo doesn't trust Tubbo to drive and Tubbo was the only one of them both to own a driver's license.

Mainly because Ranboo didn't own a car and preferred to walk everywhere.

As they both walked, Tubbo seemed insistant on what this surprise was. Even more insistant on what Ranboo had been doing in the room minutes prior. Ranboo didn't reply to any suggestion.

Tubbo also went on a long rant about how hot Ranboo was as he thought they were feeling uncomfortable with their face again - thankfully they weren't.

Eventually their walk ended and the pair stood before a record shop. Tubbo blinked "Where the fuck did you take me?" Ranboo tensed slightly "A record shop. I just.. thought you'd like it. We don't have to go in if you don't want. Uhm... we could go and-"

Tubbo cut them off "No. I want to go in" He forgot just how much of a people pleaser they were. Ranboo hesitantly looked over at Tubbo, reading his body language before relaxing as they saw Tubbo showed signs that he did want to go in.

They stopped their shaking hands as they walked in, holding the door open for Tubbo. Tubbo stepped in "Thanks" Ranboo nodded small and took Tubbo's hand, leading him through the shelves

"This isn't uhm.. This isn't the surprise.. I just wanted to see if you wanted to get a new record while we're out.." Ranboo mumbled

Tubbo raised an eyebrow in confusion. Ranboo wouldn't just... take him to a record shop. It was strange, but.. Still he shrugged and went to find a record.

He didn't think Ranboo had a record player, but they must've ordered one and that's why. It's only logical.

He went through the different records, trying to find an interesting one. He just decided on a Queen song. Good Old-Fashioned Lover Boy.

He's listened to it many times before and liked it and knew Ranboo was a sucker for love songs so it was a song they both could enjoy without it getting too annoying.

Once he grabbed it, he carried it over to Ranboo and saw they made themself busy with a ton more records. Tubbo couldn't help but laugh at the amount. Ranboo's definitely bought a record player.

Ranboo grinned sheepishly and bought them all, holding them all carefully as they continued walking through the town with Tubbo.

Tubbo grew more and more suspicious when Ranboo shopped for more and more stuff before said surpise. There was flowers, candy, an entire cheese board, and a whole bunch of other stuff.

It seemed like Ranboo was taking him out on a picnic with all of the stuff he was buying. They both often had similar things.. but.. Ranboo would usually tell him a couple days in advance that they were taking him out to a picnic since Tubbo was better with figuring out weather.