A walk

Josephine (pov)

It's been a couple of days since I last saw Hero and I miss him. The baby is growing what seems like every day and he's missing it because he is a stubborn asshole but I get why he was so upset the other day and I hope we can forget about it soon and come to senses for our baby.

Today's a regular day, one of my days where I work and just come back home a chill but probably not too regular because I'm still going on a walk with Cameron this afternoon after our shift is over and I'm kinda nervous but also excited to show him around.

I get up out of bed take a shower and get dressed so I can go to work, pup is sleeping on his mat next to my bed but when he sees me he gets up and bounds toward me with a cute little smile on his face.

"Hi pup" I scratch his back and he purs like a kitten.

"Momma has to go to work but I should be back at night and hopefully I'll talk to Hero and well be fine" he barks in response.

"Alright I gots to go by pup," I tell him and he barks.

I leave the house and start making my way towards the coffee shop, when I get in there I see Cameron taking care of somebody's order and start making my way toward the back to start my shift luckily Delilah wasn't here to start with her big mouth because I can't stand her. I walk back out and Cameron's up against the coffee machine.

"Hey stranger"

"Hey Jo"

"Hows the first hour already," I ask him

"It's alright one dude came in here and it was just a mess but I handles it like I usually would a person and told him to get the hell out " he laughs

Oh no I hope it wasn't Hero

Cameron looks at me like he knows what in thinking and says that it wasn't him which I'm internally grateful for. We kept looking at each other before just doing our jobs untill are shift is over. Eventually, time passes by and it's only a couple of minutes before we go on our walk if he remembered.

"Cameron" I call

"Josephine" he yells back

"Are we still on for I walk that we were supposed to take but never did because of what happened?" I Ask him

"Yes if you're still down"

"I'm down"

We start cleaning the shop getting ready to close up and making our way to put our stuff away for the next shift tomorrow. After we're done with everything We leave the shop and start making our way towards a small park. The weather is nice that grass is green and everything seems so clear I never really go outside so I wouldn't know, but it's very boring out here I see why I don't come out and it doesn't help the Cameron is just right next to me just being quiet starting at me some times then looking straight ahead of the next.

I'm tired of silence

"So Cameron tell me about yourself"

"Well as you already know my name is Cameron I just moved here I have 2 siblings Riley and Abby one is older the other is younger, I'm single ready to mingle and I work at a coffee shop with you," he tells me

"What about your parents you didn't mention them"

He looks very sad all of a sudden and tells me that he doesn't like to talk to them because they kicked him out for drinking and driving.

"Damn that's sad hopefully you'll talk to them again one day" trying to give hope

"Probably not but I'm fine where I'm at least for now," he says

"So tell me about yourself"

I tell him almost everything about me about how I don't talk to my parents I live by myself I have a puppy and a baby on the way which seems like a lot but it's not to be truthfully honest. We end up taking for some more and it's a starts to get dark and we decide to call the walk quits and he drove me back home. I let him inside of of course I was being nice.

"I had a great time with you today and hopefully we'll have more walks together soon," he tells me

"Honestly I had a good time too but about the walks I doing know about that seeming my situa-"

"Your baby daddy"

"Yes and he doesn't really like you but I do as a friend and hopefully we can continue being friends," I say truthfully"

"Yeah of course"

All of a sudden we hear an engine outside of my house and a knock on the door, Cameron opens the door and walks out what I least expected was to have him pull up.

"What the fuck are you doing here"

Hero FUCK ME