Appreciation

Hero(pov)

I've been grieving Elijah's death but I've also been dead to the world and been ignoring the person I love most in the world. I honestly don't know how she put up with me and my shit but I am grateful that she does. It's been hard trying to understand what's been going on after Elijah's death but I'm hoping it gets better as time goes on, I know it will.

Sleep has been my best friend lately but I'm gonna change that today. Josephine is almost toward her due date and we still haven't found out the gender, I'm pretty sure it's happening sometime soon but we're finally finding out the gender of the babies and I'm so excited. She left for work an hour ago and I've decided to do something special for her.

I get up out of bed and go to the store to buy some rose peddles and candles. When I enter the store I walk immediately to the candle section   And smell all of them to make sure I don't pick anything that triggers her nausea, you would think that her throwing up would have stopped it didn't. She can't stand the smell of pineapple so we both try to avoid anything of pineapple. She likes cinnamon so I get two cinnamon candles then go to the flowers section to get fake rose petals.

When I'm done with those duties I realize that I don't have any food to coll for tonight so I go to the store and pick up some chicken wings to fry up for me and Josephine.

I get home two hours later after checking up on Carmen, I stopped by her house just to make sure she was okay and that she is doing fine with everything since his death. She's doing absolutely fine and I'm fucking proud of her that she's handling this way better than me when she should be the one breaking down but she's strong and holding it together.

It's seven o'clock when I'm done with everything and it looks nice. The rose petals are laid out on the floor and the candles create a nice warmth to the living room, I hope she likes it cause ill do anything for her and the babies. I'm waiting for Josephine to arrive home and sitting on the couch nervously as hell for her to arrive so I can apologize for my behavior towards her lately.

She arrives home around 8 and I can tell she's surprised by this level of application from me considering how I've been lately and it makes my heart hurt for her because of it. She looks around before looking at me and waking up to me then wrapping her little arms around my waist.

"I'm so sorry baby, I promise not to pull away and I did it anyway there is no excuse for how I've been acting towards you and I hope you can forgive me," I say to her.

"Of course, I'll forgive you, I love you, Hero," she says back

"I love you too pretty mama"

I lean down to kiss her.

She looks at me the says

"You ready to find out the gender tomorrow"

"Oh shit" I fucking forget that it was tomorrow, I knew it was sometime this week or next.

She looks at me like she's not surprised at all.

"I'm so sorry I've just been lost lately but now that you're reminding me I'm so excited to find out," I say

She laughs.

"Me too Baby, I want our babies to be healthy and happy when they come out of my stomach. The thought of holding them makes me so happy every day that I realize we're getting closer to being with them closer to being a family of fucking four, isn't that crazy Hero?" She says and goes into a fit of laughter holding her giant belly.

"It is crazy but I'm with you so it doesn't seem that far off track from the original future plan" 

"What do you mean original plan"

"Well from the moment I met you I knew you were gonna be my wife regardless, I didn't think kids were gonna come this early into our relationship but I'm glad it did, either way, I would have made you the mother of my children in the future"

She looks at me like she's about to cry.

"You don't realize just how much I love you Ms. Langford, how much love I have for you, how much I respect you and everything that you do. I hope we can get past this rough past and make it out onto our happy ending with that fucking  family of four" I say and tears start rolling down my eyes.

She hugs me once more but doesn't say anything. I don't need her to say anything I just need her right here in my arms.