For my children

Hero(pov)

What is wrong with me, I had to mention that she has no family to watch the gender reveal which is the truth but the way it came out wasn't my intention. I don't wanna hurt her and see her upset but seeming she just ran from the car I can tell she is extremely upset. I have to go fix this I wanna be there for her and our children.

I get out of my car and start walking up to her driveway, I knock on the door and just wait for her to answer a few seconds later I hear the dog barking and footsteps coming towards the door, when Jo opens the door her eyes are all puffy and her once glowing checks are a dark red, damn what did I do.

"What do you want Hero," she asks me

"Jo I'm sorry about what happened at the doctors today I just don't see the need for a gender reveal when we have no one to watch the moment," I tell her hoping she understands my reasoning

"Hero you have friends why can't they watch the gender reveal"

"Because I and Carmen didn't  have a gender reveal for Elijah so why would they want to come to this one"

"But Hero I'm not you and Carmen I was hoping you could invite them and we would have something small," she says now crying her eyes out the frustration in her eyes.

"Josephine I see no point in a gender reveal and they're my kids too so shouldn't I have a say in this decision," I say my voice raising

"NO HERO THERE MY KIDS I'M THE MOM YOUR JUST THEIR FUCKING SPERM DONOR SO NO YOU HAVE NO SAY IN THIS" she screams at me but then her eyes go wide

"Her-" she starts to say

"YOU THINK I'M JUST A SPERM DONOR? A FUCKING SPERM DONOR REALLY JO" I scream back at her

"Hero I didn't mean it like that it just came out your not just their sperm donor you're their father I'm so sorry for saying that" she says balling

"You know what Jo I came back to apologize but fuck that and fuck you too," I tell her then run back to my car.

My heart is aching why would she say that to me "Your just a sperm donor" repeats in my head over and over and my heart breaks every time.I need something to numb this fucking pain and now. I pull up to the party house and Carmen and the rest of the crew are sitting in their corner I see a bottle of Hennessey and take a huge swing at it, the burn is hurting my throat but I could care less I just wanna stop the heartache.

"Hero, are you ok," Carmen asked me sitting on some guy's lap.

"Shut up Carmen aren't you supposed to be a whole mommy, where's my son," I ask her the alcohol hitting me hard.

"Oh you mean the son you never see cause you're always with that bitch, oh what's her name right Josephine" she laughs

"Don't you fucking talk about her keep her Goddamn name out your mouth"

"Oh what happened Hero she finally dump your loser ass"

"SHUT UP JUST SHUT UP" I scream, I can't stand her I need to get out of here.

"LEAVE HERO SHE NEVER WANTED YOU ANYWAY" I hear her say but I'm too far to comprehend her words

I get back in my car and just start driving home, I can't take this anymore I love her so much but we hurt each other over and over again but I can't even get away from her because she going to be the mother of my children, Josephine is gonna have to be in my life forever and I'm gonna have to watch her move on and possibly be with someone that makes her so happy the way that I couldn't.

I hope my kids understand one day why I and mommy couldn't be together, aw shit we're gonna have to go by co parents to the best kids in the world but I'm gonna make sure that they know no matter what happens between me and their momma that I'm always gonna be there for them. hopefully, they don't turn out like me and more like Jo sweet, nice, funny just everything her I don't think me or Josephine could survive if they turned out like me.

I slowly but surely make it home and just go straight into my room throwing off my clothes and not bothering to take a shower or Clean my bed I just flop down, I'm tired of trying to be the best dad and baby daddy but I chose to be a fucking idiot and fuck without a Condom now I face the consequences but I'll do it just for them, for my children.