HAZEL

Hazel heard her name called by McGonagall, and she gulped. She still wasn't too sure about going to school, as last time she went it was in the 1940's. Being black, it was not a fun experience for her. She heard Frank from behind her saying, "don't worry, you got this". She turned around, and she got reassuring smiles from everyone. She took a deep breath, and started walking towards the hat.

She saw confusing stares from everyone, and wondered why. Was it because she was black? She started to internally panic that she wouldn't be accepted here. She stopped walking, and steadied herself. Of course they would be confused, she was years younger than the rest of the "exchange students". She started to walk again, and sat on the stool. Then she heard a voice in her head.

Hmm, you have the traits of a hufflepuff. Very loyal, very kind, but I cannot sort you without looking at your memories. Before she could respond she saw her first gemstone before her eyes. A small diamond. She remembered the happiness she had gotten after finding it. That slowly turned into her finding out about the curse. People calling her a witch, and other things. She saw Sammy protecting her from Rufus. The image dissolved and turned into her sacrifice, and her speaking to the judges of the underworld, convincing them not to send her mother to the fields of punishment.

Suddenly the images became brighter. She saw Percy fall off the Hubbard Glacier in Alaska. She saw the eidolons possess Leo, Jason, and Percy. She saw Annabeth and Percy fall into Tartarus. She saw Apollo, bringing Jason's corpse to Camp Jupiter, she saw Frank sacrifice himself to take out the emperors of the triumvirate.

She saw many things, none of which she wanted to see. Then the images stopped. She came to, and heard the hat scream, "GRYFFINDOR, GRYFFINDOR". She stepped off the stool and quickly speed-walked all the way back to where her friends were. Once she got herself situated, McGonagall fiddled around a bit, before finding her list and speaking the next name.

"MCLEAN, PIPER".