HERMIONE

Hermione was suspicious of the new students. That went without saying, as they were all sorted into Gryffindor, but most people had forgotten about it now, as most people around this age had short attention spans. Not her though. She had an... above-average attention span. She attributed it to the war now, that people weren't taking things seriously enough anymore, except her. Even Harry, Ron, Ginny, and everyone else who was close to her. All of them said that they were safe.

She shook her head, and decided that she needed to relax, but still something niggled at the back of her mind. Something was off about them. No, everything was off. Their manners. How could they be if they came from such a prestigious school? Their secrets. They couldn't read, for crying out loud.

Hermione waited for Harry and Ron to show up, so that she could discuss all of this with them. After 2 minutes of waiting, she sighed and began to do her homework. So much for a long attention span. After about 30 minutes Ron and Harry both showed up. "Where were you 2?", asked Hermione. "It's almost 11:30, you could've been caught by a teacher.".

"Chill Hermione, we were talking to McGonagall. Quidditch teams and all, she gave us permission to stay out", Harry responded. "Harry's bought us all firebolts", Ron proclaimed proudly. Hermione frowned. She remembered Draco's father doing the same for Slytherins, and wondered if Harry was turning into something he once hated. Flaunting his money.

Hermione shook it off, and cleared her throat. "We need to talk about the exchange students". "Why, we already know they are evil", Harry responded. "Didn't help with the bloody war and now they command our 'respect'? McGonagall is under the Imperius, thats for sure", Ron added. Harry then spoke. "Lay off it Hermione, they aren't a threat. Not to us anyway, we can take anything". He then flexed his non-existent biceps, causing Ron and Hermione to laugh. "I suppose you're right", Hermione sighed. "I just can't shake the feeling that-". She was cut short by a bloodcurdling scream.