PIPER

Piper quickly scanned the emotions of the crowd. It didn't bother her much what people thought about her anymore, but she wanted to know what others had been thinking about her friends and family. She closed her eyes and sent out her thoughts. She sensed confusion, and skepticism. She sensed suspicion. People thought they were spies. Piper got angry. Nobody would say anything agai-.

"Piper?", Annabeth asked. Piper shook her head. She could deal with these people later if need be. They hadn't done anything to her. Yet. She held her head high, and walked over to the hat. She sat down on the hat and waited for something to happen. She then heard the hat. You would seem a slytherin to most for your use of charmspeak, but your use of it is unambitious, and more clever than cunning, as you are not trying to take advantage of anyone. I'll need to think about this.

Before Piper could say anything, she felt her mind be opened by an exterior force, and she left the great hall. She felt her throat choke up. She was underwater. She started to swim to the surface. She looked next to her and she stopped struggling. She saw Jason, trying to create a thunderstorm. She looked to her other side and noticed Percy there. She realized this was her memory of the nymphaeum. Then her perspective shifted to the ceiling of the building, where she saw that the 3 of them were drowning now. She saw Percy and Annabeth fall into Tartarus, her helplessness to do anything. She saw Jason die, after sacrificing himself in a battle with Caligula, and making sure a message sunk in with Apollo.

She gritted her teeth. She could sense the hat's fear. She could sense the hat's sorrow. She could sense the hat had made a decision. Piper returned to the real world, where the hat shouted out, "GRYFFINDOR ONCE AGAIN. NEXT PLEASE". Piper walked back to the front of the hall, glaring at anyone who dared to look at her weirdly. She was more than a pretty face, after all. She just might have to show some people that. McGonagall quickly adjusted her glasses, and read the next name.

"MOONLACE, CALYPSO".