Chapter 5: The Truth of the Abyss

Chapter intro -

As I go through this chapter I talk about the Abyss and give a few more details about the location, this is only my guess, take everything I was with a pinch of salt. I don't know if it is true, I am only guessing, as we don't have many details about it. I have tried to piece together bits I have found on the wiki, which is partly lore/speculation (adding my own theory in a bit).

*******************************

***3rd Person POV***

Y/N and Ajax were greeted by Skirk, this mysterious woman who had saved them from an Abyss Herald. After introducing themselves and explaining how they came to in, the women then gave them an ultimatum, to train here with her, learning the ways of this place she called the abyss or to go their separate ways and try to find an exit, but if they both chosen to try and find an exit Skirk assured that she wouldn't help them out again if they got into a tricky situation.

They had little choice but to trust this woman and rely on her since in this area they were both out of their depth which they had recently learnt, they knew nothing about this place or how to escape, so their only option was to stay with Skirk.

They both had so many questions, yet so few answers, the only way to find out more would be to follow this person. So they did; it seemed like they were travelling for hours, passing many ruins and odd landforms on their way. Little was said on this journey; both teenagers were eagerly looking, absorbing the series trying to understand this place. They encountered many different forms of monsters on the way, but neither had time to get any action in before Skirk defeated them. Finally, something resembling a hut/shack appeared in the distance, and they were taken there.

***Your POV***

I looked around; it seemed very basic; the structure itself wasn't very sturdy; in fact, I was afraid that it would come tumbling down on us at any moment. There was an old tattered rug with an unrecognisable pattern on it in the corner and a pile of sticks in the corner with a few pieces of fabric. Calling this place basic would be a compliment; only half the roof was still attached.

Skirk put down her sword-like weapon then turned to face us; it seemed like she was eyeing us up, debating something in her mind. She seemed to focus her attention on Ajax, looking down at his weapons and the way he was holding them. She then went up to him and lifted him up by the hood of his coat, staring him directly in the eye ." Why do you carry these weapons if you don't know how to use them?" she bluntly says. Ajax stuttered a bit. At first glance, she seemed very intimidating and threatening, which was clearly having an impact on Ajax.

I was about to step in and stop her when Ajax finally managed to reply with an unsure tone, "T-To protect myself-I,I...".

(This image is one I found online, this is someone else interpretation of Skirk)

I could tell she was trying to test him, understand him. She huffed as if she wasn't satisfied with that answer; she was about to put Ajax down when he took a deep breath and confidently shouted, "I use weapons to protect those I care about!". He closed his eyes, scared she was about to harm him, when she suddenly started laughing. Placing him down, she patted him on the head. "That's that I like to hear, but using the weapons the way you did won't protect anyone. You could even end up hurting yourself, but don't worry, we will work on that".