Chapter 16: Ice Fishing

***Your POV***

It had been two days since Ajax had that fight in the street; luckily, we hadn't faced any repercussions from it.

Ajax had promised his brother that he would bring him back a big fish for dinner, so it had been decided that Ajax was going to go fishing today. Of course, I offered to go with him.

I saw a few photos around the house of him fishing when he was younger. He was so cute. I visualised the image in my head:

 I visualised the image in my head:

He was so cute in it. I hoped he looked as cute again today. I blushed just thinking of the idea.

He had mentioned in the Abyss that he used to go fishing a lot with his dad when he was younger and enjoyed doing it. So I wanted to support his hobbies and join in. I had never been fishing before, so I had no idea where to start or what to do.

"This way!" Ajax smiled back at me. He walked in the direction of a lake. I had put on my coat as it was icy out today. Ajax was wearing a warm jacket as well, it was grey, and he was wearing red underneath whilst holding the fishing rod in his hand. The outfit really suited him.

"We have to keep moving, or we will freeze to death" he started trying to pick up the pace

"Okay, okay", I started to jog to keep up. "I'm coming!". He was very determined to get to his destination. He was a man on a mission.

Eventually, we made it to this beautiful frozen lake, it was huge, and the mountain range was in the distance. It was a beautiful sight, and I would have had a better look if it wasn't for all the snow falling into my eyes.

"Be careful when you walk on the ice. It's quite slippery", Ajax warned me as he slowly walked onto the lake. I stopped just before going onto the ice. Was this really a good idea? How thick was it? Would it break under me? I started to shuffle put very cautiously. I could feel Ajax laughing at me inside his head. He walked out so gracefully, and here I was shuffling and slipping all over the place.

He put two chairs down about 50 meters from the shore. "I think just here is a good spot," he said as he started to get all the fishing equipment ready.