Chapter 23: The Rooster Appears

***Ajax POV***

After several hours we arrived at what I believed was the Fatui training ground.

There seemed to be many people carrying bags around and moving lots of different equipment. I reached my hand out to Y/N. We were in this together.
I felt her soft hands gently squeeze mine. No matter how many times I touched her, it never felt old. Her touch made me feel invincible. I needed to become stronger for her, and I will use this opportunity that had been forced upon us to train and become the ultimate weapon.

The Fatui members lead us to this wooden cabin. In it were multiple beds with a few people sorting out their luggage. They all looked between the ages of 20 and 30; we seemed to be the youngest by far. Y/N and I walked over to the further bunk bed in the corner, away from everyone else.

"Please convince in the courtyard at 1300 hours!" An officer shouted at the door before abruptly leaving

"Well, I guess this is our home now..." Y/N mumbled whilst wiping some dusk off a shelf near our bed; she didn't seem overly impressed.

"Well, it seems warm in here." I tried to pick out the positives of this situation.

"Welcome," a medium-length green hair girl approached us with a smile.

"Hey", I replied, "Are you a recruit too?".

"Yeah, I arrived two days ago, but I have just been helping out with things around the place. Official training starts after the introduction ceremony, I believe. Ohh, and my name is Eleanor" she reached her hand out.

"My name is Y/N, and this is Ajax", Y/N introduced us, indicating to me and shook Eleanor's hand.

"Don't worry, I was nervous on my first day, but there are lots of lovely people here. I'll introduce you to them all later. First, you better get dressed. The ceremony is about to start!" She indicated to some clothes tucked under our beds. They were black coats with the fatui symbol on them with a red shirt underneath.

"Oh yeah, thanks, we better get changed!" I smile, getting mine out.

***Y/N POV***

I grabbed my uniform and found a hidden area where I could change. The outfit was relatively warm and suited for the Snezyanan weather. We also got a grey and red face mask to wear, although I can't say it was the most fashionable accessory, so I slipped it into my pocket.

I walked out. Most people had already left. I left my old clothes by my bed and went to look for Ajax. I saw him waiting by the exit of the cabin. He was staring out, watching what was going on outside.

 He was staring out, watching what was going on outside