Chapter 47: Reborn

Author note: Warning long chapter - 5400 words.

***Your POV***

Pix led us to Pulcinella, which was as expected. He bowed before taking his leave.

"Well, here you are; it's been a long time since you came out of the Abyss, and a lot has happened. Now you are ready to become a harbinger" He speaks as if he was reminiscing and proud like his children were about to graduate. Still, I suppose he has had his eye on us for a while, so it made sense.

I tried to break him out of his trance "Er, So...".

"Ohh yes, of course. As you are aware, this ceremony is your harbinger debut. In around 15 minutes, you will walk through the main hall and take to the stage. Here you will be greeted by the Jester and her Majesty. Where you will swear an oath and be announced as a harbinger to the rest of civilization receiving the decision created specifically for you. You will be renamed and receive your job title," He explains. "Then the remainder of the night will revolve around celebrating your achievement and bringing success to the fatui. Please ensure that you carry yourself well whilst wearing this uniform. You are now a Fatui representative."

I nodded, listening to all the new information I was given before Ajax interrupted him "Wait... A new name?" he questioned him.

"Yes, just like I am Pulcinella, Aka the Rooster", Pulcinella explained.

"So wait, your real name is not Pulcinella?" Ajax asked, confused, trying to get his head around things, and Pulcinella laughed in response.

"Well, it is, but not my Birth name. By becoming a harbinger, you will leave your old life behind, and the Tsaritsa will give you a new name, to carry forward into the future." Pulcinella signed, surprised Ajax hadn't caught onto that yet.

"So wait, Scaramouche and La Signoria are not their real names" Ajax was getting confused. "But everyone calls them that..."

"My dear Ajax, a little slow on the uptake, aren't we..." I place my face into my palm, "I suppose our real names won't be used here in the Fatui. So no one can link us to our past lives, I guess."

Pulcinella raises his eye when he hears me call Ajax dear, catching on that we must have progressed in our relationship, but I didn't really want to explain to him, so I chose to ignore it.

"Ohh... I see" Ajax nods his head slowly, understanding.

"Anyway, it seems it is time. Please stand by that door and await for a signal," Pulcinella pointed before walking off into the main hall.

I stood next to Ajax and held his hand. I felt him squeeze. "We are going to help save the world, Comrade. We will make a difference, becoming ever strong along the way".

"Yeah, yeah, we are", I smile proudly back at him. What happened 500 years ago wasn't going to happen again. If the fatui don't try, who will? No other nation is willing to make this sacrifice, Archons hide from Celestia, but we will rise. No one will die, not on my watch. Before everything happened, I was so carefree, a little girl without a worry in the world. I will not go back to that lifestyle anymore, never again. I will stand and face this world with all I have, and becoming a harbinger is a good place to start.

We can hear everything that is going on in the main hall through the door:
"Thank you all for coming. As I'm sure you are all aware, tonight we will announce the latest harbingers who will help lead our country to victory and triumph. These two have performed exceedingly well in combat and displayed extraordinary talent, passing the training course with flying colours and drawing many eyes in battle whilst showing their experience on the field, outnumbering multiple opponents at once. Not only this, but they have also shown intelligence whilst being on the grounds with us having both wit and cunning. This young duo will assist us in pressing our objective forward; please allow me to welcome them to the stage!"