Chapter 38: Bowing Before a True Warrior

Author Note: Hello all, in this chapter, I will explain what I think the fatui are fighting for. This could be wrong, but as of 11/05/2022, this is my best guess.

Also, I do lightly touch on some points made in the most recent story chapter where Dainsleif is in the Chasm, but not heavily, so not too much of a spoiler. So mini spoiler alert, but it's not too bad (and won't ruin your experience if you haven't played that quest).

***Y/N POV***

Ajax and I walked together to the top east side of the castle before coming to a bridge leading to an outhouse. The bridge itself was made of ice and sparkled under the stars. It looked like it was floating above the icy lake surrounding the castle. That reminded me, that I had heard there was a stone originating from Liyue that floated. I believe it was called Sunset Vermillionite. Possible, the floating effect was caused by the same thing.

The sky was still a dark blue colour due to it being early in the morning; it did seem like the days were shorter here in Snezhnaya.

We got to the outhouse as instructed at 7.30am and knocked on the door.

"Come in", we heard a voice say on the other side of the door before it magically swung open. I can't lie; it was a bit intimidating.

The inside of this outhouse was stunning; it was like a garden. One might call it a conservatory of sorts. It was a place shut off from the frozen lands outside. Lots of different colourful flowers grew here that wouldn't be able to survive the harsh weather outside. It was perfectly maintained and beautiful.

"Well, what do you think?" The Jester asked, watering a flower

"Well, what do you think?" The Jester asked, watering a flower. He had colour yet smart outfit on, exactly what you would expect from a jester, an entertainer.

I wasn't sure if this was a trick question; was he testing us? But I could only respond with my genuine opinion "It's beautiful. Who would have thought there would be somewhere like this in the castle".

"Yes, it is. It's her Majesties private garden. Very few have access to it." He said, not looking up. Focusing purely on tending to the flowers.

I didn't know how to respond to that, so I just remained silent.