𝑡𝑤𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑦-𝑡𝑤𝑜 | 𝑅𝐸𝐴𝐷𝑌...

AURORA Sunday, 2nd October

AURORA
Sunday, 2nd October

The sports festival is in exactly two weeks and five days. I'm counting the days like crazy. I don't want to go. On top of that, my mother, Theo, and Max will come to cheer.

I can already see it in front of me how my mother, even though I'm so bad, is the only one on the grandstand who stands and screams. "Go, Aurora, you can do it." how embarrassing.

Not because of my mother. I would never be ashamed of her, but I would be ashamed of myself. I mean I'm bad everyone knows that, and my mom feels obligated to cheer me on because I'm her daughter, but she doesn't have to.

If I am too embarrassed for her, it's okay when she sits. She doesn't even have to stand. But if I told her, she would tell me on the way home how sorry she is that I didn't make it, and maybe she was able to encourage me, but no one can do that anyway.

Okay, enough with the thoughts. I have to do my homework now, which has been lying in front of me for a while. I have to make history. I've already done everything else. That's why I woke up at 7 a.m. I'll have the whole day off later for that.

"Hey, Aurora." Startled, I looked at the window where Dylan climbed through. I grabbed a pen and threw it at him. "You scared me." "Then why do you have your window open?" He closed it again.

"I felt warm. Sorry, I don't have air conditioning. Asshole" Dylan picked up the pen and put it back on my desk with a smile. "I have a surprise for you."

"If you promise me an A in math, it would be enough for me." "Unfortunately not. But I think you like this surprise better. You have to come with me." I turned to him and saw Dylan sitting down on my bed.

"I still have to do my history homework." "You've only got history to do, make them later." I turned back to my notebook and started writing again. "No, then I don't feel like it anymore." I never did.

"Like this, you won't get your gift." He shrugged. "You know how much I hate you?" "I'll see you outside." Dylan winked at me, opened the window, and jumped out.

I got up and closed the window. I walked out of my room and saw Theo with Max sitting on the couch, while my mom was in the kitchen on her phone.

"Mom, I'm going out with Dylan." "Don't you want to eat anything first?" I shook my head and put on my jacket and shoes. "I'm not hungry." "Well, I'll leave the rest to you in the fright."

"Thanks." I pull my hair out of my jacket and walk out the door to see Dylan in front of the car which must have been there for a while. He will never learn just knock on the door.

We drove for about half an hour. I don't know exactly where we were. It looked like a not so often visited place. The streets are practically empty until some cars drive past us.

"But you don't want to kill me, do you?" Dylan laughed, but I meant this question seriously. Where are we and what surprise should I expect here? After the next driveway, Dylan turned right in.