𝑏𝑜𝑛𝑢𝑠 𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑜𝑛𝑒 | 𝑎𝑛𝑛𝑖𝑣𝑒𝑟𝑠𝑎𝑟𝑦

AURORA ~ I wanna be yours by Arctic Monkeys

AURORA
~ I wanna be yours by Arctic Monkeys

"No, you don't understand, I have to find something today. In a few hours." I made it clear to Leonie, who is having lunch with me today.

I kept scrolling through my phone to find some significant gift for Ares. It can't be that after all this time, I'm really forgetting to buy a gift for our "anniversary".

"What if he forgot himself?" stab Leonie on the boring salad that only has a salad dressing and cucumber in it. She puts it in her mouth and chews.

"Ares? Forget? Please, it may be that Ares is not the most competent right now, but he would never forget something like this. He even gives me something when nothing special is planned." These words scare me even more than I already am. I don't want to know how long Ares must have been planning this gift for just this day.

"I'm hopeless, I can't find anything." I put my phone back down on the side of the screen on the table, picked up my fork again, and speared the noodle on it.

"Don't be depressed, you'll find something... look around the hospital." I raised an eyebrow. "Yeah, I'll take some bags, so he can perfuse himself if he's too drunk." I narrowed my eyes and gave her a stupid look.

"An advantage is better than nothing." I rolled my eyes, got up, and grabbed my phone. Leonie also stuffed the last pieces of the salad into her mouth.

We both took the tray and then give them to the woman in the cafeteria. "I have to go to the accident patient." Leonie looked at her pager, but it didn't show any warning. "The one from the fire in the house?" I asked deeper into her statement as I opened the door of the women's restroom.

"Yes. She has a third-degree burn. Her face will probably need another operation." Leonie stood in front of the mirror and redid her braid again.

I took one of the free cabins and grabbed a pregnancy test from my pocket in my smock. My period is late again. It was always a negative test, but it's better to be on the safe side.

I peed on the line and put the lid back on so no one touches the end as I walk out after I finished.

I put it on the sink and washed my hands. "Another test? Do you two try it now?" I shook my head and pulled the paper to dry my hands.

"I, or rather we, said to each other that we wouldn't have a child right away. Not only because of my job, but also his." I heard a hiss from Leonie. "I don't think you need to get a bag for a perfusion." I saw my reflection in the mirror.

My eyes widen as I continue to hold my finger to the lip line, unable to move in shock. The beeping of Leonie's pager woke me up. "Fuck, she's in a cardiac arrest." She looked at it and was ready to run.

I grabbed the pregnancy test and saw the exact second line on the white one. "See you later and Aurora... Congratulations." Leonie ran out of the toilet, leaving me alone with the test in my hand.