𝑛𝑖𝑛𝑒𝑡𝑦-𝑠𝑖𝑥 | 𝑇𝑟𝑦

AURORA Monday, 1st August

AURORA
Monday, 1st August

"High school is something different. It is a place that gets on your nerves very much. You have to do your homework and learn for exams, some teachers who are impossible to understand but many see the good side of it. You get to know people you like but also hate the most. We learn what real life is. Drama, depression, sadness but also happiness. It shows us how cruel people can be, how terrible and annoying some can be, but you also meet friendships that for many will last forever. The friends you can call family. The years were filled with rock piles on the way to the top, but we managed to get through it. Because we are enough and because we deserve it."

I can not believe it. Today is the last day. The speech I prepared at the last second and my self-confidence stood on the stage. It's fascinating to see something like that, even if it's sad. I smiled as Mr. Logan came over and thanked me.

I walked down and sat on my chair between Quinn and Ares. He took my hand and smiled. "It was a wonderful time with the people who are now leaving our school and finding their own way in life. I'm glad we could see you're growing." I applauded. The names were called out slowly. Each name was given a loud clapping, the athletes freaked out when one of them did it. "Dylan Montgomery." Dylan got up and walked on the stage, took the certificate, and smiled at us.

Everyone got their turn one by one. Mason, Zeth, Quinn, Zack, Neyla, Link, Jeremy also Ares. Then my name was called. I got up and walked up onto the stage. "Congratulations." Mr. Logan shook my hand and got the certificate.

I looked at my mother, she jumped out of joy and cried. I smiled and walked downstairs.

"You did it." I ran into her arm. She cried and heals my head with her hand. "I'm so proud of you." I laughed. Theo looked at me with a huge smile. I slowly pulled away from my mother, who was stroking her eyes. "Here." I looked to the side and saw Max giving me flowers. "And that." he reached into his pocket, and his hand slowly opened as I saw a pendant. "Because you love hockey, and you force me to play it." I laughed, tears in my eyes. Picked up the pendant with a puck on it and hugged him.

I'm leaving these people in less than 12 hours, and I don't think I can. It's so painful. They have been there for me my whole life. It's just not going to be like that anymore. "You did great." came Araya and everyone else. I hugged them too. Everyone after the others. The group piled up and even Mason, Zeth, and Sook were with us. I talk with them as someone took my hand, and pulled me to himself.

"You're hugging and talking to anyone except me?" Ares smiled at me. I kissed him quickly and didn't take my eyes off him. Just like the first time, I see so much in these beautiful eyes, that I don't want to look away, but I do after Quinn came to me and interrupted us. "There you are, your mother is looking for you, we all want to go to this restaurant now that Sook has reserved it for everyone."

I walk with Quinn away from Ares when he went behind us to everyone else. "What kind of restaurant?" I said when Ares came next to my side. "I have an idea." if he already points it out like that, it won't be cheap, at least I think so.