𝑓𝑖𝑓𝑡𝑦-𝑒𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡 | 𝑖𝑛𝑡𝑒𝑟𝑛𝑠ℎ𝑖𝑝

AURORA Monday, 07th March

AURORA
Monday, 07th March

"I have to go." Link kissed my neck in his car in front of the hospital where I'm doing my internship.

"Just one more kiss. I can't get enough of your lips." I smiled and kissed his lips again, moving my hips while his hands were on my ass to follow my movement.

I heard a small moan from Link. "Okay, I have to go." I broke away from Link and opened the door, so I could get up from his lap.

"You're going to kill me." "I know." "So at 7?" I nodded and left.

I don't know what it is between us, but I've finally accepted that Scarlett and Ares have something, as does me and Link. Does the whole school know? Perhaps. Am I interested? No definitely not.

I've also gotten a hit in the head from Quinn, for going with a fool like Link. But I wouldn't call it dating, not yet, of course. And hey, I'm happy. Then why do I have to spoil it?

"Hello, I'm this week's intern." I introduced myself at the front desk. "Aurora Mitchell?" I nodded. "Please wait a minute, I'll call the chief physician." I nodded again and stood aside to make room for the people.

After a few minutes, a tall man with a beard and brown hair came. A white coat and blue eyes. Fuck is he attractive.

"Hello, Aurora." His dark, rough voice greeted me. I could die. He held out his hand, which I of course took and shook. "Hello, Mr. Smith, nice to meet you." I let go of his hand as he put his hands in his smock pockets.

"So, to your internship. You will be stationed with Doctor Jovanovic. You have the size reference with her, and I want you to feel very comfortable here. So get your clothes from the locker room and just go to the ER, there you'll find Doctor Jovanovic."

I nodded my thanks. "Doctor James will take you to the locker room. Have a nice week." "Thank you very much." he smiled, and I went down to the changing rooms with Mrs. James, who appeared next to Mr. Smith.

There I changed quickly, even got my own closet and gown when I went to the ER. "Aurora, how nice to see you." Araya hugged me.

"I heard you were assigned to me." "I fought to get Dustin's daughter the first day in the hospital." I smiled.

"Come on, I'll introduce you to my partner." I nodded and then went with Araya to a man who was just stitching up a patient's wound. "This is Doctor Davis, Paul, this is Aurora." he looked up at me.

"That I can see this before I die. Aurora, Dustin's daughter." I looked at him with a raised eyebrow. "I'm sorry, but I don't remember you, sir."

"How? You were just a baby when I saw you, wow you've grown up."

I smiled at him. Even the slightest know me, though I didn't even know they existed.

"So..." "Doctor Jovanovic!" Emergency services came, and a man was lying on a gurney. One of the emergency doctors sat on him and did a heart pressure massage. "Stay here." She told me and ran to the patient. Mr. Davis handed the patient over to a resident doctor and ran to a room with Araya.

My heart is pounding in my chest, the adrenaline is pumping through every vein in my body. It was so exciting and thrilling. "First day?" I turned to the resident doctor. "So obvious?"

"A little. I know the feeling, that's how I reacted when I was here for the first time." She told me. As she continued to sew up the wound. "How is it?" I ask.

"Exhausting, but totally exciting and cool. It's like a dream come true." I can't wait to feel like her, too. "I'm Harper." "Aurora."

"So, what are you doing here?" "I'm doing a one-week internship." "Internships are dull and unnecessary," said the slightly older patient.

Harper looked at him and smiled. "Yes, they are."

"So you're doing an internship here because you also want to be a surgeon, do you know which station?" I immediately answer with neuro. "And you? What year are you?"

"Last and yes I know, It's generally surgery." "But you're here why?" "Because I'll be in emergency surgery this week."

Harper and I talked for a long time. I literally squeezed her with the questions. We were in the cafeteria because Araya is also in an operation of the man who arrived.

"So you're telling me that he and you kissed, now he's probably dating someone else and you someone else?" I nodded. "Wow, you guys are ridiculous." I looked at her shocked.

Harper gets very close to Quinn. I mean, they could be sisters. Of course, we hardly know each other but hey she also told me about her story and I mean why not?

"Instead of making it so complicated for you guys, just get together." She drank her coffee. "I mean, get together is really a difficult word when you can't stand each other."

"You're really blind if you think there's still that rival thing going on between you, bro, get you some glasses." I opened my mouth but closed it again when I felt a hand on my shoulder. "Hey."

I didn't believe my eyes. I want to shoot myself or jump off a bridge. Preferably twice in a row. With Saito. Just not that, please. God, please tell me he's fake, I'm just imagining him.

It can't be, it really can't be. Why the hell is Ares here, and why is he wearing a smock, too?