𝑓𝑜𝑟𝑡𝑦-𝑓𝑖𝑣𝑒 | 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑛𝑘 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑑𝑜𝑛'𝑡 𝑑𝑒𝑠𝑒𝑟𝑣𝑒 𝑡𝑜 𝑏𝑒 𝑙𝑜𝑣𝑒𝑑

~Where's my love by SYMLARES

ARES

*
My gaze swings to Aurora, who has been sleeping with music in her ears for an hour. Why can't she be so peaceful when she's not sleeping?

Why can't she be like that when I talk to her? I mean, I don't even do anything bad, she just sees everything bad in me. I refocused on the book I was carrying, right there Aurora rested her head on my shoulder.

I went down on purpose to make her more comfortable. We hadn't been this close in a long time. Why am I enjoying it?

"You would make a good couple." I looked back at the Doris, who's been back for a while. "Rather not. Fun fact, she hates me."

"And you?" Good question. Do I hate Aurora? Of course, she's annoying and so stubborn that I'm so annoyed by just one word.

She always argues and doesn't let me finish. Beats me and thinks that she can take every right to do this. "Yes, I do."

"But you hesitated. You've thought about your answer very carefully." This woman is getting weirder. Why she's thinking like that, I mean, I can think about something like this.

"What makes you think I'm not?" "Oh boy, I'm not from tomorrow. I've been living for a while, and I see it. You sat down specially to give her head a better rest, although that's exactly what I think, she's going to take it away as soon as she wakes up."

A grin escaped me. "Yes, she would do that." "But you leave her there. When I hated my husband, I would immediately push him away."

"Did you hate each other too?" "My husband and I had a love-hate relationship. We got to know each other through the family. My mother was friends with him, and we couldn't stand each other. He just annoyed me with his presence. Until that evening, I realized that hate was just a passion for him."

Hatred turned into a passion. She thought she hated him and in reality, she wanted to be with him. Out of love. But it's not that easy. Love is fragile and destructive. If your parents or family doesn't love you, how can a person who doesn't even know you do?

It's nonsense for me to believe that. Something like this.

"What did your husband do that made you recognize it?" I asked with interest.

"I was 17, my parents were strongly religious I was the black sheep of the family, in fact, I got pregnant at an earlier age. Not only I did do it before marriage, but getting pregnant was a tragedy. I was everyone's shame. The only person who stuck by me, when I thought they hates me and were even happy that I was finally busted, was there for me. He held me in his arms as I cried so hard. "We can do this. Together," he said to me. I realized at that moment that he is the love of my life."

I have no words or any thoughts that can describe what I really think about it. How can you despise your child just for doing what they want? I don't understand parents.

They should be the person who loves you the most. The mother should protect you and should be there for you. But the mother, the person who should be your protector, is the person who lets you know that you cannot be loved.

For me, the image of a mother has lost meaning a long time ago. Since that day, I was on my own. She was never there for me, and that showed me what love means. How can love be great when your own parents don't love you as they should?

"You can't call it to hate but there is something between you two. It's a beginning of something, a beginning of love." I looked at Aurora, who was still asleep.

"How can you be so sure? No offense, but you don't know us."

"You're quite a stubborn boy. You don't want to believe what I'm saying because you might be scared." Of what? I'm not scared, maybe it's because I just don't like her. The woman is just imagining things.

"I'm not scared." "You're very scared. It's huge. So boy, what let you think you don't deserve being loved?"

Why does she want to know that? I mean, it's not her business. It's years ago, what's the use of a shitty conversation? She's older than me and wants to tell me things that won't help anyway. I'm already over my problem. I helped myself. Just me.

"You have nothing to lose. We don't know each other, and we certainly don't see each other. So tell me, I've been told I'm a great listener."

I swallowed hard. My leg went up and down. Should I? She's right, I'll never see her again, and she's probably taking my past to the grave.

"My father left when I was 15. My mom kicked me out when I was 17 because her boyfriend hit me." I hate the topic, and I hate myself for saying it. How could I be so stupid as to think it was a good idea.

My hands were sore sweaty, and my pulse quickened.

"You think you don't deserve to be loved just because your parents didn't." I can't stand this woman.

"But the truth is that everyone deserves to be loved, whether my parents don't like me or your parents like you. You deserve it just as much as I deserve it. No one should go through what you've been through."

She smiled. "But that girl over there which laying on your shoulder will show you what love is. I'm a strong believer. She denies it. But the truth is, she will fall in love with you. But remember you should never pick up a flower if you are just going to play with it. You should just let it keep growing."