2

Will

Who is she?  She reminds me of riddles and I hate riddles.

Elsie Argent. I repeat her name over, and over in my head. E-L-S-I-E. I've never met someone who had that name. I meant what I said.
It's a beautiful name, but she is even more gorgeous. It suits her. E-L-S-I-E.

I watch her drive away and I have the urge to chase her. I know what she's doing. She's playing hard to get. Perhaps she loves to be hunted. That's what this is all about, right? Maybe I should get into Michael's car but I am staring at her car, staring after her dumbfounded.

From the way she was dressed, I know she is rich. She has to be. Who drives a Tesla if they don't have money? Is she a little daddy's girl? I wonder.

''Who was that?'' Damon asks, patting me on the back. That girl is not Damon's type. Too shy, too introverted. He likes them wild and confident. He's not into smarty girls, not like I am.

Damon doesn't love to chase. He hates women and I seriously hope he'll find someone who'll love him the way he is. His heart is filled with a lot of hate. Which is understandable. We all have a traumatic past. If people don't, they'll have a traumatic future. That's the way life works. Life is hard. But once you figure out you don't need to play by the rules, you don't have to fear anything. Life gets better. Rules are meant to be broken anyway.

Kai picks up the book in my hand and I instantly try to take it back. I lied. I did watch Alice in Wonderland. I mean, who hasn't? She seemed passionate about this book, it has a meaning to her. I could see it in her eyes. Who is she? What has she been through? She called me uncultured. The way she said it makes my insides flip. Even her voice proves to me how sweet she is. I'll show her who's uncultured.

''Alice in Wonderland? Are you going soft on us?'' Michael reads behind Kai. I snatch it out of his hands. I hate reading. It doesn't mean I am not willing to give it a try. For her? No. I don't know her. I'll do it to prove her I am not uncultured.

''Haha, funny. Let's go'' I open Michael's door and climb inside his car. I can't stop myself from thinking about her. I'll probably never see her again. But, she gave me her name. I can dig on her. God, the way her brown hair fell perfectly over her shoulders. Her god damn red lips she kept biting, drawing my attention towards them. I'd kiss all that lipstick away and put it on her other lips. Usually, I tend to fall for people who have blue eyes. A picture of her eyes is popping in my head.

Her amber eyes. They were not too dark but not too light. With a dark ring around the perfect shade of brown. Her cheeks were flushed and how did I catch this much information about a stranger I just met?

''You want her?'' Damon sits next to me, his eyes beaming with questions. I know what he's asking himself. I am asking myself the same questions.

''I am not sure'' I respond, my gaze drifting out the window. Who is she?

''Did you get her name?'' Kai speaks up. Yeah, I did. I just don't want to tell them.

''It looked intimate, did she give you the book?'' I tear my eyes away from the window, down to the book. The cover is okay. It doesn't describe the story. I've seen better covers of this book than this one.

''Yeah.'' For once, I want something to myself. I want to keep her name in my mind. I don't want to tell them anything. We just got out. If there's something I promised myself back there was to live my fucking life and not depend on them. Don't get me wrong, they're my family. I'll do everything for them, I'd give my life for one of them. I simply want to experience more, I want to see more. Is that what I am doing with this girl? Who am I kidding? Tomorrow she probably won't even remember me, I wouldn't be surprised.  Or will she?

''OK, let's go to Hunter-Bailey'' Damon changes the subject. He doesn't want to talk about this. He rolls his window down. He pulls a cigarette between his lips before exhaling. The smell of nicotine assaults my nostrils and I breathe into it. He's been smoking ever since we got out of jail. I guess he missed it, I didn't. Kai missed drinking and so did Michael. It's a shame I'll have to be the babysitter tonight. I used to get drunk every time something didn't feel right or simply because of my fucked up life. I am not like that anymore. Nor are the guys. They'll drink and bring someone back home. Who knows, I might even take a shot.

''Let's get fucked up'' Trust issues by Drake echoes into the car. I let my arm dingle out of the window. The wind wrapped itself around my hand, trapping it. I move my hand against the breeze and no matter how strong I am, it keeps pushing me back. Is that how she is? Will she push me back if I find her?

With Michael speeding the fucking car, we get to Delcour in five seconds. I guess he has to go get something before going to Hunter-Bailey. That club is a fucking masterpiece. It's good to get fucked up there. I got drunk once, I regretted it but, I had Damon to watch over me. Apparently, I almost started an orgy. Let me tell you, how happy I am it didn't happen. An orgy is disgusting. I am all for a threesome but an orgy? It's sickening. Well, that's my opinion. I wouldn't do it. That doesn't mean I'd judge someone who likes it. I guess we all have our thing. We want what we want.

That's when I spot her car. It's easy to spot, especially with her walking out of it. That fucking tank top is messing with my head. Is she trying to draw attention to herself? Maybe. Maybe she fucks a guy every night. I doubt it. She doesn't seem the type to do that. However, appearances can be deceiving.

I watch her walk to Delcour, does she live here? How come I've never seen her before? She walks past Michael and I see she stares at him. What is she doing? She straightens her shoulders and I see her swallowing. Does she know him? Does she know us? I unbuckle my seat, which makes Damon and Kai wake up.

''What are you doing?'' Kai rubs his chin and I keep my gaze on her. Those tight white jeans, how easily I could take it off of her.

''I thought I saw some- forget it'' she's out of sight. Out of sight, out of mind. I have to stop thinking about her. It's not hard. I'll come back with someone tonight. I need to get laid. Is it wrong I'll imagine it's her? No, right?

Right?

The only girl I ever loved... you know what? I don't even want to talk about her. Unlike Damon, I don't hate women. I love them. I think they are much more powerful than us and they should be treated as such. They are goddesses. We, men, fall in love with what we see. That is not true, it isn't completely wrong either. They use it to their advantage. They toy with us and once they get what they want, they leave. Only, we believe we are paying them to leave as we won. But did we? Or did we just get played? You don't have to be a genius to figure this out.

Is Elsie this way? Does she play men? Does she whisper lies? Does she fuck? She is clearly not a virgin. Which means she knows what she's doing. Why so shy, then? She's a complete mystery. A mystery I would have dropped the second I saw her if we met three years ago. She's intriguing. She seems confident but again, why so timid? Her tall figure won't be forgotten. She lives in Delcour, does she not? I'll ask around and I'll find her soon enough. I am coming for you, Elsie Argent.

 I am coming for you, Elsie Argent