15

Elsie

A fool can be placed downwards easily. Mila taught me how to play chess. However, life taught me how to apply it to my daily days. It's not that hard. You just are wary about everything. I live by two things. One, not everyone is out there to get you however, most of them are. Second, if they said it, they meant it. It's really not that hard. You just have to add it to your routine and it's as easy as that.

''Get out'' Mila says as she lets go of Michael. Mila is a goddess. She handles things so much better than we ever could.

Will took me to a park and I knew something was off. I begged him to take me home and when I did, Damon showed up. He asked us what we were doing and the next thing I knew, I was in Damon's car, in Will's lap in the backseat. I didn't choose to be on him, he made me straddle him. Will didn't stop me when I opened my apartment door.

I knew something was happening, I didn't expect that. I especially didn't expect Will to follow me inside either.

''Babydoll'' Will turns me around, my hands behind his neck, bending his head towards mine. All I want is to go back to his car. His body pressed against mine, his lips exploring me, his hands squeezing every curve on my body. If I could go back, I wouldn't stop him.

I see Damon, Michael, and Kai walk out of our penthouse and I know the girls are watching me. I have a lot of explanations to do and I am not sure I am ready for that. I can tell them I am playing him. That is what I am trying to do. But as I look into his eyes, I am simply mesmerized.

''I'll text you'' he mumbles before squeezing my hips, making me gasp. I look up at him, my lips parted, ready for him to kiss me. Luckily, he can take a hint. He brings me closer to his chest and in a second, his mouth is eating me out, again.

I think I moan into the kiss and I am not sure because Damon pulls him away from me and Mila does the same with me. Will winks at me and I shake my head. What the hell just happened?

Once the door is shut, I am confident enough to turn around and face my friends. Mila looks angry, Addy looks betrayed and Quinn, Quinn looks shocked. This isn't about me though. It's about Kai. He let her be in control. He didn't fight her. I saw him whisper to her. What were they talking about? It's none of my business. I shouldn't even be talking about this.

''Do you want to tell us why you snook out to hang out with Will Grayson III'' she says his name so casually, it makes me want to laugh. Is it so bad? Yes. I know I shouldn't even talk to him. I have to keep track of what they are planning to do. But, why do I feel like he's the one playing me?

''It doesn't matter'' I try to walk past them but Mila grabs my arm, nearly knocking me to the ground. I don't think I have ever seen Mila this upset and I know it is all my fault.

''Oh, it sure as hell matters'' I push her shoulders and she pushes me back. It's only been this way with us. I push and she pushes back. Sometimes, she settles down and listens to me. Most times, it's only a joke.

Addy gets in the middle, stopping Mila's hand from whipping my cheek. Was she about to slap me?

''Why won't you talk to me? Why won't you talk to us?'' I see the tears pricking her eyes. Can she possibly be so hurt? She's my best friend, they all are. But, I can't. I can't do that to myself. It takes tears, sweat and blood to get to the top. Why would I want to throw that away? All my efforts would have been for nothing. I am not ready to give that up. Not yet, not ever.

And with a low whisper, I answer: ''Some things are just mine.'' Mila takes a step back and Addy releases my arm. I glance at Quinn who still seems shaken off. I huff and walk directly to my bedroom.

With time, you realize you do what you can just because you can. It doesn't matter what everyone else thinks. We are all good people whose bad things happened to us. No one is ever truly bad and ever truly good. As I said, some things are mine and I do not feel the need to share them with the whole world.

I slam my door, rushing to my bed. I drop on it, not even bothering to get changed. Why does it matter? I just want these past few days to disappear.

After a few minutes of my head buried in my pillow, hiding my tears, my phone dings.

I chuckle to myself as I see his name on the screen. He did say he'd text didn't he? I just don't feel like it's the right moment.

𝗬𝗼𝘂 𝗼𝗸𝗮𝘆?

I slide out of my dress, slipping inside my bed as I hear the girls arguing. My door is locked so whatever they have to say to me, they can tell me tomorrow.

𝗬𝗲𝗮𝗵. 𝗨?

My nails are gripping my bed sheets without me realizing. It's only when I see his answer that I loosen my grip.

𝗖𝗮𝗻 𝗜 𝗰𝗼𝗺𝗲 𝘃𝗶𝘀𝗶𝘁 𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗿𝗼𝗼𝗺? 𝗜 𝗪𝗼𝘂𝗹𝗱 𝗳𝗲𝗲𝗹 𝗹𝗼𝗮𝗱𝘀 𝗯𝗲𝘁𝘁𝗲𝗿.

I drop on my stomach, thinking. Screw it. I am not going to fall in love and all that weird shit. I only want to see where this will take us. This burning feeling in my chest needs to be explored and even if I don't want to, my heart will make me do it. Fucking feelings.

𝗡𝗶𝗰𝗲 𝘁𝗿𝘆

Someone is knocking at my door and I don't bother to go up or even spare a glance in its way.

''El? Please, I am sorry'' it's Mila. Is she sorry because she feels bad about almost slapping me or because she was shaming me? Probably both.

𝗜 𝘄𝗮𝗻𝘁 𝘁𝗼 𝗸𝗶𝘀𝘀 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗮𝗴𝗮𝗶𝗻

My teeth burry themselves in my cheeks and I find it hard not to grin. He always has me.

𝗖𝗮𝗻 𝗜 𝘀𝗲𝗲 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝘁𝗼𝗺𝗼𝗿𝗿𝗼𝘄?

''Elsie, please'' Mila bangs on the door and I snort. I am not opening. I don't want to talk to her. Anyone, in that case. I just want sleep. I only want to sleep.

𝗜𝗳 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗳𝗶𝗻𝗱 𝗺𝗲, 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗺𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁

I turn my phone off, set up my alarm for tomorrow and drift off to sleep. The four horsemen did something in here. I don't know why but they didn't come here for a fight. Will might be playing me but there's a side of me that believes he's not. A side of me that is wrong. Mila made them understand just how dangerous we are. If they don't want to collaborate, that's fine. You're either on our side or against us.

 You're either on our side or against us