29

Will

The cries of her heart shatter me. It is obvious she has never been heard before. Would she react this way if she had? The panic attacks, maybe. But she's not just having panic attacks, she's crying, she's shaking, she's breaking.

I need to get out of my fucking boxers. This moment we shared was so intimate and good. She made me feel so, so good. It was excruciatingly exciting. The look on her face was plain. I was pleasing her and she enjoyed it. Yet, something crossed her mind and her voice had shuddered to a whisper.

Fucking Kai.

Did he think I was raping her? Did they? For fuck's sake. I would never do that to a woman, especially not Elsie. It's like they care about her. I am thankful for that. But they should know me better.

I think Damon knew I wasn't assaulting her. He let Kai handle me because he wanted a moment alone with Elsie. Do I believe he wanted to calm her? It's possible. It seems like they all have connected with her, in a way.

''I am sorry'' Elsie is buried in my arms. I am aware of the guys behind us. If Kai wants to go again, he can. I'll beat the shit out of him for even assuming this of me.

''Don't worry about it, just listen to my voice, okay?'' I keep her in my arms and I feel her nod.

What the fuck happened to her?

She's still shaking. Her breathing is normal but her heart is still racing. How did Damon stop her from tearing up again? How did he soothe her so easily?

She pulls away from me and I do my best not to bring her back in my arms. I study her features and realize the blanket is barely hanging on to her. I kiss her cheek as I adjust it. She gasps in my ear and is it a crime that it sends me a wave of excitement?

''I am okay'' she whispers wiping her wet cheeks. She nods as if she's trying to convince herself. I even catch a glimpse of a smile on her face.

''I'll start you a bath, okay?'' I note that she doesn't flinch when I stroke her jaw. She's not afraid of me. She's not afraid of my touch. That's a good start.

''Okay''

''Okay?''

''Okay''

I smile a little bit before pressing a soft kiss on her dimples, both of them. She's so pretty, it's a crime.

I slowly turn around with her and the guys are still behind us. Michael has his arms crossed, Kai looks less pissed and Damon is grinning. What does he find amusing about this?

Leading her out of the living room towards my bedroom, Damon follows after us. I am too stressed to ask him to leave us alone. My first priority is to give Elsie a bath. He can tell me what the fuck he wants later.

I close the bathroom door in his face and lock it. I'll come out after she's in the bath relaxing.

Her face tells me hundreds of things all at once. She feels ashamed, scared, and tired.

A woman has needs. It's unfair it got taken away from her. We have a lot to work on. I don't mind, she's mine already. She'll tell me everything and she'll be comfortable with me. She has to open up and when she'll be ready, she'll tell me. I won't pursue her into sharing her deepest secrets with me.