11

Damon

I don't like confidence. I don't like to be hunted. You can tell the difference between someone being fake and someone being real. Confidence is a mask people put on so they can help themselves feel better. When, really, faking it till you make it, is fake. Then, why do I feel so attracted to her?

The way she danced last night, she owned her body. God, those hips swaying to the rhythm...
I know her name. I stalked her Instagram pictures and I am not sure I want to dig further. We're mostly searching on Elsie right now. However, it's important to know about her friends, as well.

Will just came back from god knows where but I spot his pants. He's hard. Where did he go? It doesn't matter. Will has been fucking every single woman he has met. He wants to fuck Elsie and now that they are mocking us, it's going to be a hell of a ride.

''Did it work?'' Michael asks, chugging his water bottle. I pinch my eyebrows together, did what work?

''Yeah'' is all Will says before rushing to his room. What the fuck?

''Did what work?'' Kai asks behind me. I turn to him and stare back at Michael. Will and Michael? They have never, ever, not included us in something they had in mind. Will's ideas and mine were never taken seriously, what changed?

''Will paid Elsie a visit'' Michael winks at us and I scoff. What the fuck? If he's trying to give them power he sure as hell is giving them it. They are not stupid. They must know by now we know who they are. Fucking Michael, I bet this was his idea.

''What? Why?'' Kai grabs the counter. He glances at me as if I was part of this. Don't fucking look at me. It's always Michael and Kai, Will and Damon. What changed?

"I'm not sure if you know-" Michael walks to his living room and we follow him. I know. I just know. These girls are going to ruin us. And I will do everything I can to prevent it.

''-but, they live here'' he finishes. Here? In Meridian City? No shit sherlock.

''In Delcour''

Oh.

Kai grins and I shake my head to gather my thoughts. What the fuck are we going to do now? The girls on fucking fire are women but they are smart, smarter than we are. They can fight and they have each other's backs and we are supposed to play with them? Forgive me, I think they'll toy with us and not the other way around.

''I dug farther on them but, there's nothing really important there'' Michael waves his hand like he's dismissing us. We are losing control, fast and I do not like it. I refuse to be one of their prisoners. We will make them scream. I will make them scream.

''So what did Will do? He scared her?''

''Come on Damon. Haven't you seen the way he looks at her?'' I swallow. Of course, I have. He'd never be good enough for her and she will never be good enough for him. We are here, together. Why should things change? I hate change.

''She's not the enemy. Together they are'' I sigh and look at the ceiling. Fuck it, I want to get drunk.

''He's attracted to her and she's attracted to him'' Kai says, glancing at me. I steel my jaw and stare down at my feet.

''She didn't tell her friends. They'd be here if she did'' Michael has this mischievous grin on his face and I wonder what more is there to this? What the fuck? We just got out! Can't we go out and party? I don't give a fuck about the girls on fire, let them do their worse.

''Which means-''

''She'll keep him a secret or at least, try to'' Kai realizes and I have to keep my laughs inside me. This is pathetic.

''And while Will is fucking with her, we'll fuck with the others'' Michael takes the remote and with a click, the video of them getting out of the house on fire is playing on the screen. We watch them walk and I watch her. The one with the black mask. She's the one who set the house on fire. Why?

I sit next to Michael and I keep my eyes on the way she moves. It's all over the news but no one does a thing about it. People are so stupid. It took us five seconds to figure out who they were.
Why is no one suspecting them? Is it because they're good girls? Maybe that's the way people perceive them but they are, so, so naughty girls. They'll be punished for it.

Out of nowhere, Will comes into view and sits next to Kai. He glances at me before peeking over his shoulder. I look down at his pants and he's not hard anymore. I snort and roll my eyes. Fucking Will.

''There's something special about them, I know it'' Will mumbles. Kai and I exchange places and I take Will's phone away from his hands. He doesn't stop me nor does he protest. Was he just texting her?

𝗜 𝘄𝗮𝗻𝘁 𝗻𝗼𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘁𝗼 𝗱𝗼 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝘆𝗼𝘂

I laugh and Will nudges my elbow. Clearly, Elsie doesn't know how to handle a horseman.

𝗬𝗼𝘂 𝘄𝗮𝗻𝘁 𝗺𝗲 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗵𝗮𝘁𝗲 𝗶𝘁, 𝗱𝗼𝗻'𝘁 𝗯𝗲 𝗼𝗻𝗲 𝗼𝗳 𝘁𝗵𝗼𝘀𝗲 𝗴𝗶𝗿𝗹𝘀 𝘄𝗵𝗼 𝗮𝗿𝗲 𝗶𝗻 𝗱𝗲𝗻𝗶𝗮𝗹. 𝗢𝘄𝗻 𝗶𝘁

Own it. That's what Michael always tell us. I have to say, she doesn't know how to handle him but he knows how to handle her. She's a fighter. Will found the perfect girl for him. I won't let her take him away.

𝗬𝗼𝘂 𝗮𝗿𝗲 𝘄𝗮𝘆 𝗼𝘃𝗲𝗿 𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗵𝗲𝗮𝗱 𝗪𝗶𝗹𝗹 𝗚𝗿𝗮𝘆𝘀𝗼𝗻 𝗜𝗜𝗜. 𝗟𝗲𝗮𝘃𝗲 𝗺𝗲 𝗮𝗹𝗼𝗻𝗲.

Fuck she's dumb.

𝗕𝘂𝘁, 𝗮𝗿𝗲𝗻'𝘁 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝘀𝘂𝗽𝗽𝗼𝘀𝗲𝗱 𝘁𝗼 𝗴𝗶𝘃𝗲 𝗺𝗲 𝗯𝗮𝗰𝗸 𝗺𝘆 𝗺𝗼𝗻𝗲𝘆?

I laugh out loud. Will paid for her books. He has that against her and if she is not as stupid as she pretends to be, she'll find a way out of this. Will doesn't give a shit about money. However, it seems like she does.

𝗜 𝘁𝗼𝗹𝗱 𝘆𝗼𝘂. 𝗜 𝘄𝗶𝗹𝗹 𝗽𝗮𝘆 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗯𝗮𝗰𝗸. 𝗦𝘁𝗼𝗽 𝘁𝗲𝘅𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗺𝗲

God, she is oblivious. I hate her already.

𝗜 𝗵𝗮𝘃𝗲 𝗮 𝗯𝗲𝘁𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗶𝗱𝗲𝗮, 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗺𝗲. 𝗧𝗼𝗻𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁 𝗮𝘁 𝗗𝗮𝘄𝗻'𝘀

I turn to Will and he raises his eyebrows. I give him back his phone since she left him on read. If she isn't ready when he'll come to her door, everything will be worse for her. He'll get her ready, even if he has to face her friends. The only reason they empowered us is because they took us by surprise. We are taller, thicker, and stronger. They don't stand a chance against us.

''You know the thing they say? Everything always goes back to the original? We are the original'' Will says, tossing his phone to Kai and Michael. They scroll through their messages. Elsie Argent has no idea what's coming to her. Will's coming for her. But, I am coming for her. She can't be a part of us. She never will be. I will not allow it.